The SNP has won Scotland’s council elections, winning more councillors, more votes and more councils than any other party.
Now more than ever, it’s only the SNP that can stop the Tories in Scotland.
Here’s what you need to know.
1. The SNP won the election nationally, with the largest number of councillors and the highest vote share of any party.
2. We’ve won more councillors, with 431 elected compared to 425 in 2012.
3. The SNP is now the largest group in 16 of 32 councils.
4. The SNP has ended almost 40 years of Labour control in Glasgow, becoming the largest party in the city for the first time.
5. The SNP are now the largest party in Scotland’s four largest cities: Glasgow, Edinburgh, Aberdeen and Dundee.