Re-elect Angela Constance for Almond Valley
I believe this election is the most important in Scotland’s history.
With the pandemic and Brexit, everything has changed – and as we look to the future, we can decide what sort of Scotland we want to build.
Living through the global pandemic has been the biggest challenge of our lifetime and no family, business or community have been left untouched – yet our neighbours, volunteers and key workers have reached out to keep us save, healthy and fed.
This resilience has demonstrated that local people know what is best for their own community. That is why I will always stand up for local services and grassroots organisations.
I grew up in West Lothian during a time of high unemployment, so I know what good jobs mean for our children’s future. Securing them is a personal and a political commitment. That is why I want to see our Scottish Parliament secure more job creating powers.
This public health pandemic has taught us much about what we need to change, but also about what is possible.
That is why I helped secure a Scottish Government commitment to establish a new National Care Service to improve the care our most vulnerable citizens receive at home and in care homes, and for their carers to be truly valued.
I want to play my part in making West Lothian and Scotland the best place to grow up and grow old in.
I believe a stronger and fairer recovery can be delivered in an independent Scotland – but you have the right to choose.
In this election I want to protect your right to choose, as Scotland’s future should always be in Scotland’s hands.
I grew up in Addiewell and West Calder, and continue to live in West Lothian with my husband and teenage son.
Before I was elected to the Scottish Parliament, I worked as a Social Worker and Mental Health Officer and was also an elected member with West Lothian Council for 10 years.
I have had the privilege of being your MSP for 14 years and have held several ministerial positions within the Scottish Government.
Angela’s track record
- Tackling youth unemployment with an expansion of the modern apprenticeship programme.
- Legislating to introduce ambitious targets to end child poverty.
- Laying the foundations for Social Security Scotland – including the new Scottish Child Payment.
- Expansion of early learning and childcare.
- Securing government investment in warm affordable homes, credit unions and the third sector.
- Recently appointed as Scotland’s dedicated Minister for Drugs Policy.
- Leading the national mission to reduce the harm caused by drugs and to support recovery.
Delivering for Almond Valley
Over the past 14 years I have had the privilege of helping thousands of people on a wide range of housing, health, education and welfare issues – as well as assisting individuals, local organisations and businesses in accessing support during the pandemic.
- Worked to secure the return of a full impatient service at our excellent children’s ward at St John’s Hospital.
- Worked to improve connectivity – with 98% of West Lothian properties now connected to superfast broadband.
- Supported new capital investment in St John’s Hospital and local schools.
- Helped to ensure that the death in service payment for care workers during COVID also included those working in the private sector.
- Actively called out the unfair ‘fire and rehire’ work practices at Tesco Distribution Centre in Livingston in 2021, and the closure of Kaiam in December 2018.
- Continued to support community calls for a long term solution to pollution in the River Almond.
On May 6, we can choose to keep delivering progress, put Scotland’s recovery firmly into Scotland’s hands – not Boris Johnson’s.
To elect a strong Team SNP to take Scotland forward, vote for Angela Constance in the Almond Valley constituency, and for the SNP on the Lothian regional list.
Here’s why Both Votes SNP really matters 👇