Now more than ever, it is vital to have strong SNP voices standing up for Scotland.
Only then can we protect Scotland from the dangers of an unopposed Tory government at Westminster and continue to make Scotland the best country it can be.
Here are ten ways we’ve done just that.
1. Stopped the Tories at Westminster cutting Scotland’s budget by £7 billion – and won new tax and social security powers.
2. Effectively ended the Bedroom Tax in Scotland.
— The SNP (@theSNP) March 5, 2017
3. Protected and expanded the Education Maintenance Allowance – scrapped by the Tories in England – to support school pupils and college students.
— The SNP (@theSNP) May 10, 2017
4. Scrapped tuition fees, saving students in Scotland up to £27,000 compared to the cost of studying in England.
🎓 Almost 270,000 Scottish students have graduated since Tuition Fees were abolished – 10 years ago today. pic.twitter.com/4x6jX8mSKz
— The SNP (@theSNP) February 28, 2018
5. Abolished prescription charges helping low income households stay healthy and out of hospital.
Our NHS record:
– Record high budget
– Staff up 8.7%
– High patient satisfaction
– Cleaner hospitals
– No prescription charges #FMQs
— The SNP (@theSNP) October 27, 2016
6. We’re using our new powers to build a social security system with dignity, fairness and respect at its heart – protecting people in Scotland from some of the worse aspects of the Tory welfare agenda.
📰 We’re proud Scotland will now have a social security system with dignity, fairness and respect at its heart. https://t.co/MzgAmWVYjy
— The SNP (@theSNP) May 8, 2018
7. Protecting Scotland’s NHS from privatisation – With devolution, we’ve kept Scotland’s NHS publicly owned and publicly delivered. While the Westminster Tory government are systematically selling off the NHS in England.
8. We are increasing nursing bursaries and have kept free tuition for nurses while the Tories have scrapped both in England.
FM: This year we will match that for all care experienced student nurses. And from next year, the payment for all student nurses – care experienced or not – will rise to £8,100 a year. #SNP18
— The SNP (@theSNP) October 9, 2018
9. We’re locking out ATOS-style private profiteering in the Scottish social security system – no private companies will be used to assess people for benefits delivered under Scotland’s new social security system.
— i newspaper (@theipaper) April 27, 2017
10. We helped forced the Tories to u-turn and accept unaccompanied child refugees – and are now pressing them to keep their promise.
— The SNP (@theSNP) March 20, 2017