The SNP manifesto sets out how we will ensure Scotland continues to be an attractive place to do business and invest.
Here’s just some of what we’ll do.
- We will expand the Small Business Bonus to exempt 100,000 premises from business rates and use the full powers of the parliament to secure the most competitive business rates in the UK.
- We will target support at start-up companies that are ready to scale up, provide more support for our entrepreneurs and innovators and launch a new Innovation Prize.
- We will ensure 100 per cent of premises in Scotland have access to super-fast broadband by 2021.
- The overall burden of Air Passenger Duty will be reduced by 50 per cent to increase international connectivity and boost tourism.
- The number of exporting advisors will be trebled and we will fund new Innovation and Investment Hubs in London, Dublin and Brussels to attract inward investment and help companies and academia access new markets and investors.
- We will continue to encourage organisations to sign up to the Business Pledge, including the commitment to workforce diversity, and to support businesses to become Living Wage employers.
- In our first 100 days we will bring forward a new Labour Market Strategy informed by the work of the independent Fair Work Convention.
- Will will double the provision of free childcare – helping more parents back into work, and boosting opportunity for business.
- We will deliver 30,000 apprenticeships each year by 2020 and target the additional places on higher level courses, including graduate-level apprenticeships.
- We will review the roles and relationships of our economic development and skills agencies to ensure that they are providing maximum support for innovation and internationalisation.
- A Planning Bill will be brought forward to streamline development planning and management procedures and practices to remove unnecessary blockages and delays.