Tomorrow delegates will gather in Glasgow for 83rd annual National Conference. Over three days, the conference will set out the progress made by the SNP in government and our ambitious plans for Scotland.
Here are just five things you need to know before our conference begins.
1. Conference will have 30 policy debates, with more of the agenda directly influenced by members than ever before.
The 3,000 seater Armadillo will host debates ranging from Brexit, to public sector pay and mental health. We’ve also ensured that delegates get a direct say on the conference agenda. An online vote, sent directly to all of our Conference delegates, allowed for their input on the resolutions to be debated over the three days.
2. Our conference app will help you keep track of all the debates and fringe meetings.
The SNP conference app gives you access to the full agenda, fringe listings and information about internal elections – all at the touch of a button. And we’ll be updating the app with the outcome of every resolution and the latest news, so you can keep up-to-date throughout the conference.
Download the app and get full installation instructions at https://conf.snp.org.
3. Tell us your hopes and ambitions for Scotland – and our conference illustrator will include them in our ‘Progress’ mural.
We’ll have an artist, Claire Hubbard, ‘Sketching your Scotland’ in the exhibition hall. All you have to do is tell her what difference the SNP government has made to your life and Claire will illustrate it. You’ll find Claire in front of the HQ desk.
4. Keep fit by taking part in our first ever conference Daily Mile.
Our ambition is for Scotland to be a ‘Daily Mile Nation’ so we’re leading by example by setting out the first-ever conference Daily Mile route.
— Peter Murrell (@PeterMurrell) October 4, 2017
5. If you’re at home we’ve got a live stream so you don’t miss a thing.
We’ll be live-streaming the main conference debates on Facebook, Twitter, YouTube.
…and don’t forget to tell the world about the SNP conference using the hashtag #SNP17.