The SNP Westminster Group wishes to recruit a full time Senior Researcher (Scotland/Constitution) to be London based.
Full Time 40 hours per week
Salary: Pay Scale Range £33,000-£40,000. Placement will be dependent on experience.
Based in Westminster the Senior Researcher will be operating in a fast-paced environment at the heart of SNP Westminster Group. The successful candidate will play an important role in maintaining the smooth running of the work of the third largest party in the House of Commons.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent organisational, administrative and communications skills. The organisational capacity to process large volumes of information and requests quickly and accurately is essential.
Political awareness and judgement and knowledge of the SNP’s aims and objectives would be strongly advantageous.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Writing research proposals and commissioning research projects.
- Coordinating and managing commissioned projects.
- Undertaking high level research and engagement with stakeholders.
- Liaising on press stories and press enquiries.
- Writing briefings and questions for day to day Parliamentary business.
- Assisting Members in scrutinising legislation and drafting amendments.
- Any other tasks required for the daily operating of the research office.
- Masters level qualification and coursework in Scottish politics and/or devolution would be highly desirable.
- Previous work experience in the Scottish Parliament is preferred.
- Ability and proven experience in political engagement and compilation of qualitative research briefings.
- Ability to research various policy practices.
- Self-starter with excellent personal time management skills.
Application Details: Applicants should send a CV with a tailored cover letter, explaining their suitability for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by Friday 24th August 2018, 12noon. Applicants should put “Senior Researcher (Scotland/Constitution)” in the title of the email. Late applications will not be accepted.
Closing date: Friday 24th August, 12noon