The SNP Westminster Group wishes to recruit a full time Senior Researcher (Economics) to be London based. The role requires a background in both quantitative and qualitative data analysis.
Salary: £35,454 PA
Based in Westminster the Senior Researcher will be operating in a fast-paced environment at the heart of SNP Westminster Group. The successful candidate will play an important role in maintaining the smooth running of the work of the third largest party in the House of Commons.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent organisational, administrative and communications skills. The organisational capacity to process large volumes of information and requests quickly and accurately is essential.
Political awareness and judgement and knowledge of the SNP’s aims and objectives would be strongly advantageous.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Writing proposals and commissioning research projects.
- Coordinating and project management of commissioned projects.
- Undertaking high level research e.g. engagement with stakeholders, data analysis.
- Liaising on press stories and press enquiries.
- Writing briefings and questions for day to day Parliamentary Business.
- Assisting in drafting amendments to legislation.
- Working closely with SNP MPs.
- Any other tasks required for the day to work of the research team.
- Masters level qualification and coursework in Economics would be highly desirable.
- Previous work experience, ideally in Parliament or a financial institution is preferred.
- Ability and proven experience in data set analysis and compilation of qualitative research briefings.
- Ability to research various policy practices.
- Self-starter with excellent personal time management skills.
Application Details: Applicants should send a tailored CV with cover letter, explaining their suitability for the position to email@example.com by Monday 19th February 2018 Noon. Applicants should put “Senior Researcher (Economics)” in the title of the email. Late applications will not be accepted.
Closing date: Monday 19th February 2018 Noon
Interviews: Thursday 22nd and Friday 23rd February 2018