Joanna Cherry QC MP is recruiting a part time caseworker to support to constituents living in Edinburgh South West. The role involves providing help and advice, by telephone, email and in person on a wide range of topics including welfare and benefits, immigration and housing.
On job training will be provided.
The role would suit someone with an interest in politics and a desire to help others.
Salary: £19,641 - £22,000 (pro rata) depending on skills and experience
Hours: 4 days per week, 9am – 5pm with occasional weekend working on rotation 30 hours per week. Flexible work pattern will be considered.
Location: Based at the constituency office 139 Dundee Street, Edinburgh. Limited travel within Edinburgh, occasional overnight travel to London.
- In conjunction with the senior caseworker, manage and progress a portfolio of casework appropriately
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from constituents
- Gather relevant information to resolve or progress cases
- Liaise with members of the public face-to-face and by telephone
- Liaise with Government agencies, the voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters
- Ensure all cases are logged; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Attend surgeries and meetings as appropriate
To apply please read the person specification and complete an application form. Completed applications should be submitted to email@example.com by 14 noon on 9th March. Applications received after this time will not be considered. CVs cannot be accepted.
Download the person specification here
Download the application form here