CV and covering letter to: Angela.Constance.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: Friday 30 March 2018
Interview Date: Friday 13 April 2018
35 hours per week
Annual Salary £26,573
To line manage and lead the team, managing and reviewing performance and quality standards, forecasting and overall management of office budgets, handling enquiries from constituents and stakeholders as well as acting with delegated authority on all office and staffing arrangements as directed by the Member and acting as principal adviser to the MSP on all research, campaigns and casework matters.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Acting with the delegated authority of the MSP to manage all office and staffing arrangements on behalf of the MSP and line managing and leading the team (paid employees, interns and volunteers)
- Participating in the control and forecasting of the office budget in liaison with the Allowances Office and the Human Resources Office at the Parliament
- Managing, reviewing and developing administration procedures
- Managing performance and quality standards in line with our overall objectives
- Carrying out duties or projects delegated by the MSP, as required
- Holding monthly staff meetings and meetings with individuals as and when necessary.
- Managing constituency budgets, approving expenditure on behalf of the MSP and maintaining budgetary oversight
- To take the lead on constituency case work and liaise and advise staff members involved in it
- Tracking and monitoring the quality of the responses to constituents and ensuring all enquiries are answered within the agreed timescale
- Maintaining the casework tracking system and ensuring it is up to date.
External and Internal Liaison
- Handling enquiries from constituents and stakeholders and drafting and/or issuing written correspondence
- Working directly with the MSP on all incoming mail, advising on relevant background, as required
- Monitoring the MSPs diary and appointments when necessary (when Administrative Officer on Annual Leave)
- Managing constituency/parliamentary meetings when required.
- Covering other staff functions when appropriate
- clean current driving licence or undertaking driving lessons
- good verbal, written and computing skills
- prior general experience of budgeting and management
- knowledge of Data Protection issues
Highly Desirable Criteria
- knowledge of benefit, housing, education and disability issues
- prior experience of using a case management system
- prior experience of managing an office and leading a small team