We are looking for a small but dedicated team of enthusiastic volunteer facilitators to play a very important role in the smooth running of our events.
The primary role of a volunteer facilitator is to help manage group discussions to deliver an enjoyable and beneficial experience for attendees.
- Facilitate discussions within group sessions to ensure all attendees are involved and the discussion remains focused
- Respond quickly and positively to questions, requests, problems or complaints raised by attendees and to resolve them effectively and courteously
- Monitor attendees engagement during sessions and any chat panels
- Explain basic technical tasks in the session where needed
- Have a good knowledge of the event programme
- Work with the SNP events team to deliver a successful event
The successful candidates will:
- have some previous experience of being a facilitator
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deal with a range of enquiries from attendees and have the ability to stay calm under pressure;
- be flexible, committed, punctual and reliable with a proactive approach and a friendly and polite disposition;
- comfortable being assertive to ensure the discussion stays focused and beneficial for all
- be non-judgmental and able to present balanced viewpoints
- be able to maintain good humour even when tired
- be comfortable working with a diverse range of people
- be able to present themselves in a positive and professional manner at all times
- have a willingness to work as part of a team, with patience and diplomacy
All volunteer facilitators will need to:
- provide two references who know you in a formal capacity
- attend the online events for the full time required
- own a computer that you are happy to use for this role and have access to the internet
- be eligible to volunteer in the UK;
- have an excellent level of spoken English and able to understand, and respond to, written and spoken instructions
We welcome applicants from all age ranges and backgrounds but you must be a current SNP Member, as volunteer facilitators are required to assist with internal sessions.
- On becoming a volunteer facilitator, you will become part of a hard-working and supportive team behind the successful running of SNP events
- Session Facilitator training provided
- Free pass to attend SNP events that you are assisting with
- Gain valuable experience of helping to run large-scale events
- You will make a valuable contribution to the SNP
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. For consideration for the National Assembly taking place online on 24th January, applications must be received by 10am on Monday 11th January.
Please apply using the application form here.