Patrick Grady MP is recruiting for a temporary Constituency Assistant to work in his Glasgow office and assist his team in dealing with constituent enquiries. Key responsibilities include dealing with casework enquiries, researching and drafting responses to political campaigns, maintaining a record of work and updating constituents on my work in Parliament.
This is a temporary position for at least two months.
The successful applicant will be asked to work remotely from home under the guidance of the office team (also remotely working). Depending on changes to covid-19 public health measures they may at a later date be asked to work from the Glasgow North Constituency Office although may require occasional travel to London.
This is a full-time time position based on a 37.5 hour working week for a temporary period between August and September. Start and end dates are negotiable, although I’m looking for the successful applicant to start as soon as possible. You may also be asked to take on occasional evening or weekend work.
The salary band for this position is £21,529-£31,705 depending on experience. This is in line with the IPSA salary range for a Grade 1 Executive position outside London.
• Assist surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate
• Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face. Ongoing communication may be required
• Draft responses to constituents
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation
• Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP
• Establish, monitor and update a social media and online presence in the constituency.
• Follow up on social media queries and comments
• Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases
• Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken • Manage and monitor social media enquiries, dealing with cases that do not need to be transferred to a higher level. Ensure all enquiries are dealt with in a timely manner
• Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
• There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally
• Relevant qualifications demonstrating literacy, numeracy and research skills, or equivalent experience
• Knowledge & understanding of UK and Scottish politics
• Ability to manage time, work under pressure, meet deadlines
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Ability to learn and adapt quickly and to work remotely under own initiative and managing own time.
• Familiarity with media & social media
• Excellent IT skills including experience of using Microsoft Office suite and the ability to learn new software.
• Some experience of working in an office environment is preferable but not essential
This is a perfect opportunity for someone who works well in a small team, has a positive attitude and would like to gain experience working with an elected representative.
How to apply:
Please send your CV with a covering letter (no more than 3 pages in total) matching your skills and experience to the job description and person specification set out above to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 17:00 on Friday 17 July 2020. Applications received after this will not be considered.
Appointment will be dependent on satisfactory reference, and you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Parliamentary Pass Office.
Interviews will be by video call on week commencing 20 July. Start date is negotiable, although ideally no later than 03 August.
Owen Thompson MP is seeking an experienced individual to join his constituency team assist with an increased level of casework due the coronavirus pandemic to support the office’s casework activity.
Neale Hanvey MP is seeking an experienced individual to join his constituency team to assist with the increased level of casework as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. This is a temporary position on a fixed term basis only.
An exciting opportunity to join the team for Tommy Sheppard as a Part Time Constituency Caseworker as part of his Edinburgh East constituency team.