The SNP Westminster Group wishes to recruit a full time Senior Researcher (Scotland/Constitution) to be London based.
Reporting to the Director of Research, the position will focus on dealing with complex issues and prominent topics related to the constitution and devolved matters.
Location: Houses of Parliament, London.
Salary: The SNP Westminster group operates a pay band system for central staff. Senior Researcher salaries start at £35,200
Main duties and responsibilities:
• Draft research proposals and commission research projects
• Provide written analysis for major set pieces related to this policy area e.g. Budget and Autumn Statements
• Undertake high level research using both qualitative and quantitative data analysis, related to this policy area.
• Support the relevant Spokespeople and MPs scrutinise legislation and draft amendments, as well as support MPs parliamentary committee work and provide briefings and questions for parliamentary debates
• Identify and research policy development opportunities to reflect the Party’s manifesto and policy framework
• Produce robust policy and political analysis for use in both internal and external communication
• Develop strategies to maintain robust policy positions in the specialist area and other areas where there are clear connections
• Identify and develop partnership opportunities with stakeholders such as, think tanks, associations, diplomatic community and other relevant organisations
• Assist MP constituency offices with queries.
• Generate content in collaboration with the Group Communications and Media team as required
• Supervise and oversee the work of researchers in the key area of responsibility and carry out any other duties as required.
• Masters level qualification and/or work experience in Scottish politics would be highly desirable.
• Previous work experience in the Scottish Parliament is preferred.
• Ability and proven experience in political engagement and compilation of qualitative research briefings.
• Ability to research various policy practices.
• Self-starter with excellent personal time management skills.
Application Details: Applicants should send a CV with cover letter, explaining their suitability for the position to email@example.com by 12noon Wednesday 19th February. Applicants should put “Senior Researcher (Scotland/Constitution)” in the title of the email. Late applications will not be accepted.
Closing date: 12noon, Wednesday 19th February
Stephen Flynn MP is seeking an enthusiastic, hardworking and motivated individual to join his new team in Aberdeen South.
Bruce Crawford MSP, Member of the Scottish Parliament for Stirling, and Alyn Smith MP, Member of Parliament for Stirling are seeking a hard-working and enthusiastic Communications Officer to work across both Westminster and Holyrood parliaments.
Peter Grant MP is seeking a senior caseworker/caseworker (maternity cover) to work at his office in Glenrothes.
An opportunity has arisen for a temporary Caseworker to join Colin Beattie MSP in local constituency office in Dalkeith.