The SNP Westminster Group wishes to recruit a full time Senior Researcher (Justice and Home Affairs) to be London based with home working. Reporting to the Head of Research the incumbent will focus on dealing with complex issues and prominent topics related to justice and home affairs.
Location: Houses of Parliament, London (with home working)
Salary: The SNP Westminster group operates a pay band system for central staff. Senior Researcher salaries start at £37,000
Based in Westminster, the Senior Researcher will be operating in a fast-paced environment at the heart of SNP Westminster Group. The successful candidate will play an important role in maintaining the smooth running of the work of the third largest party in the House of Commons.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate excellent organisational, administrative and communications skills. The organisational capacity to process large volumes of information and requests quickly and accurately is essential.
Political awareness and judgement and knowledge of the SNP’s aims and objectives would be strongly advantageous.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Draft research proposals and commission research projects
- Undertake high level research using both qualitative and quantitative data analysis, related to this policy area.
- Support the relevant Spokespeople and MPs scrutinise legislation and draft amendments
- Support MP’s parliamentary committee work and provide briefings and questions for parliamentary debates
- Identify and research policy development opportunities
- Identify and develop partnership opportunities with stakeholders
- Assist MP constituency offices with queries.
- Generate content in collaboration with the SNP Group communications and Media team as required
- Supervise and oversee the work of researchers in the key area of responsibility and carry out any other duties as required.
- Masters level qualification and/or work experience in Scottish politics would be highly desirable.
- Previous work experience in the Scottish Parliament is preferred.
- Ability and proven experience in political engagement and compilation of qualitative research briefings.
- Ability to research various policy practices.
- Self-starter with excellent personal time management skills.
Application Details: Applicants should complete and send the application form to email@example.com by 23.59 (GMT) 30th September. Download Application Form here.
Applicants should put “Senior Researcher (Justice & Home Affairs)” in the title of the email. Late applications will not be accepted.
Closing date: 23.59 (GMT), 30th September
Rona Mackay is looking for a part-time Community Liaison Worker/Caseworker to join an excellent team currently dealing with a range of issues and concerns from constituents.