Duties and responsibilities
- Acting as lead adviser to the MSP on press/communications strategy;
- Liaising effectively with all sections of the media including political and specialist journalists, editors and other spokespeople for external organisations;
- Establishing a broad range of contacts within the press, broadcast and online media in order to promote the work of the MSP;
- Producing high quality press briefings, quality speeches (may be required for constituency events), and written materials;
- Working with the MSP to promote her constituency work nationally and locally;
- Identify forthcoming events which may provide potential media opportunities;
- Monitoring the media, keeping the MSP briefed and up to date on developments;
- Organising interviews and press conferences on behalf of the MSP and accompany them on request;
- Developing e-communications with constituents and groups campaigning on local issues across the constituency;
- Using and monitoring social media channels to communicate with all stakeholders;
- Maintaining Ash Denham’s website;
- Drafting monthly newsletters and helping with annual reports;
- Working in a flexible and confidential manner at all times;
- Press experience is essential;
- Excellent writing and communication skills are essential;
- Experience of managing a wordpress website is essential;
- The ability to demonstrate a good local knowledge of Edinburgh Eastern constituency is essential;
- Must be able to demonstrate good a understanding of national and local politics;
- Experience of drafting newsletters is preferable;
- Driver with access to a car preferred but not essential;
- Must be able to both work alone and as part of a team, whilst managing your own workload.
This position is for 14 hours per week, and will be based working from the constituency office in Craigmillar. Hours of work are negotiable. You may occasionally be required to work some evenings and/or weekends.
Salary: £27,105 pro rata. This equates to an annual salary of £10,842.
Please send your CV and covering letter by Tuesday 6th November at 5pm to: Abigail.Lawson@parliament.scot
Angela Constance MSP is seeking a Lead Caseworker to assist with the provision of advice, help and support to constituents living in the Almond Valley.