Senior Communications Officer – Patrick Grady MP
Patrick is recruiting for a Senior Communications Officer to work in his constituency office in Glasgow and assist his team in dealing with constituent enquiries. Key responsibilities include researching and drafting responses to political campaigns, producing press releases, managing my social media output and updating constituents on my work in Parliament. This is a perfect opportunity for someone who works well in a small team, has a positive attitude and wants to work in politics.
This is a full-time position based on a 37.5 hours per week. This position may require occasional travel to London required and you may also be asked to take on occasional evening or weekend work.
Location: This position is based in the Glasgow North Constituency Office.
Hours: This is a full-time position based on a 37.5 hours per week.
Salary: The successful candidate for this position will receive a salary of £24,000. This is with the ‘Outside London’ Executive Grade 2 full-time equivalent salary range (£23,938-£36,103) as defined by the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority.
• Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key issues and is aware of trends
• Attend surgeries, tribunals and meetings as appropriate
• Develop knowledge in specialist areas
• Ensure all cases are logged; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
• Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
• Follow up on social media queries and comments
• Gather relevant information to resolve or progress cases
• Liaise with Government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters
• Manage and progress portfolio of casework appropriately
• Manage the MP’s website contents
• Monitor media coverage, liaise with media, prepare press releases as required (on constituency, non-party political matters)
• Prepare media briefings
• Proactive and re-active communications with all media
• Project Management
• Provide briefings for the Member
• Publicise the Member’s parliamentary duties on Social Media
• Research local, regional or national issues to support Member’s work
• Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from constituents, the media, lobbyists and pressure groups
• Relevant qualifications demonstrating literacy, numeracy and research skills, or equivalent experience
• Experience of working in an office environment preferable
• Knowledge & understanding of UK and Scottish politics
• Experience of research tools and techniques
• Ability to manage time, work under pressure, meet deadlines
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Familiarity with media & social media
• Excellent IT skills including experience of using Microsoft Office suite and the ability to master new software.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone who works well in a small team, has a positive attitude and wants to work in politics.
This position may require occasional travel to London required and you may also be asked to take on occasional evening or weekend work.
How to apply:
Please send your CV with a covering letter (no more than 3 pages in total) matching your skills and experience to the job description and person specification to email@example.com.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 01 March 2019. Applications received after this will not be considered.
Appointment will be dependent on satisfactory reference, and you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Parliamentary Pass Office.
Interviews will be held in Glasgow and are expected to be held on Friday 08 March although this remains to be confirmed.
Start date is negotiable.
Patricia Gibson MP is recruiting a caseworker, based in her busy constituency office in Ardrossan. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, hard-working individual, who would like to be part of the small dedicated team supporting Patricia’s work for the constituents of North Ayrshire and Arran. This post is available for an initial fixed…
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and capable individual to join Stuart McDonald MP in his Westminster office to support his work as the Member of Parliament for Cumbernauld, Kilsyth and Kirkintilloch East, on a full-time and permanent basis.
Deidre Brock MP is looking for a part-time constituency assistant, Thursdays and Fridays.
Tom Arthur MSP is recruiting a Communications Officer to cover for maternity leave.