Stephanie Callaghan MSP is looking for a full-time Senior Caseworker to join her team.
Location: Bellshill constituency office (home working will also be supported)
Hours: Full-time, 35 hours
Salary: Starting at £28,414 (exact salary dependent on experience)
Working for a Member of the Scottish Parliament (MSP)
MSPs are employers in their own right. Under their employment, you will become part of a team supporting them in carrying out their duties. You’ll work in a dynamic and fast paced environment to provide an outstanding service for constituents.
This role will involve managing all casework and supporting the rest of the team with ensuring that all casework is distributed, managed and completed in an effective and timely manner.
You will also help with training staff on the caseworker system and providing ongoing guidance, coaching and support to the rest of the team on processing cases.
- Supporting with keeping casework up to date and responding to public enquiries
- Keeping cases up to date by tracking, logging and recognising when to escalate issues within team
- Meeting constituents on a wide range of issues, including those of a sensitive nature and escalating accordingly
- Advocating on constituent’s behalf with relevant bodies to resolve matters
- Attending surgeries, producing reports and monitoring media trends on Stephanie Callaghan’s behalf
- Conducting basic research and surveys
- Investigating patterns of enquiries and producing reports
- Monitoring local and regional media and generating media coverage
- Briefing Stephanie Callaghan and drafting responses
- Gathering and distributing valuable data that supports my activities
- Keeping your knowledge of policy areas and local issues up-to-date
- Carrying out research projects
- Obtaining and compiling relevant research documents from external bodies
- Preparing and delivering regular briefings and updates
- Analysing, evaluating and interpreting data and statistics
- Reviewing constituent records and documentation in line with casework GDPR requirements
- Ensuring casework filing systems, both electronic and manual, are kept up-to-date in line with GDPR requirements
- Have excellent organisational skills while being flexible in prioritising workloads during busy times
- Have excellent communications skills, with accurate attention to detail and the ability to work effectively with colleagues
- Be patient and sensitive while remaining objective and open minded
- Be comfortable being in a front facing role explaining regulations such as GDPR to the general public
- Be acutely aware of the responsibility of representing those unable to do so themselves in certain situations
- Have a natural interest in helping people with a curiosity to probe for further information where required
- Have analytical skills with the ability to identify and investigate trends while interpreting data
- Have the creative flair and expertise to produce accurate and influential work
The selection process
For any questions about the role please contact Stephanie.Callaghan.MSP@Parliament.scot
To apply, click the “Apply” button and attach your CV and supporting statement.
Closing date: 12 noon, Friday 1 October
Pete Wishart MP is looking to recruit a full-time constituency support officer, to be based in Perth, with some home working.
Peter Grant MP is seeking applications for the position of Senior Communications Officer, working part-time at home and at the constituency office in Glenrothes.
Stephanie Callaghan MSP is looking for a part-time Casework Assistant to join her team.
The SNP Westminster Group is looking to recruit a full time Press Officer, to be based in London, with some home working