Kenneth Gibson MSP is recruiting a Researcher based in his busy Dalry constituency office. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, hard-working individual who would like to be part of the small, dedicated team supporting Kenneth’s work for the constituents of Cunninghame North.
Working for: Kenneth Gibson, MSP for Cunninghame North
Job Title: Researcher
Location: Constituency Office, Dalry
Salary: Dependent on experience and competitive.
The successful applicant will also benefit from a 10% employer’s pension contribution.
Kenneth Gibson MSP is seeking to recruit a full-time Researcher based in his constituency office in Dalry. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and competent individual to join Kenneth’s constituency team to support his work as the Member of the Scottish Parliament for Cunninghame North.
The successful candidate will work with colleagues to provide dedicated support to constituents on various issues and help resolve problems through liaison with government agencies and voluntary sector organisations.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone with exceptional oral and written communication skills and a positive attitude to work. Casework experience is preferred but not essential, as training will be given.
Applicants should have a strong awareness and knowledge of local and national politics and an awareness of the constituency of Cunninghame North.
Responsibilities will include:
- Research and prepare notes for speeches.
- Provide Support for Cross-Party Group Activities.
- Help organise events and receptions.
- Research and write parliamentary motions.
- Accompany MSP on visits to constituency organisations.
- Deal with standard queries and assist on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face-to-face. Ongoing communications may be required.
- Research and draft responses to constituents.
- Ensure records are kept, and information managed confidentially in line with data protection legislation.
- Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MSP.
- Establish, monitor and update social media and online presence in the constituency. Produce online graphics and video content, as well as publicising surgeries, news alerts, etc.
- Maintaining, updating and developing knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance.
- Administrative and general support of the work of the office.
- Help deliver Parliamentary communications.
- Any other reasonable tasks as assigned by the MSP.
- Must be educated to university degree standard.
- Sympathetic to the Scottish National Party (SNP) aims and goals.
- Outstanding level of interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to produce written correspondence to a high professional standard with attention to detail, including proofreading skills and accuracy.
- Excellent IT skills.
- Office administration skills.
- Motivated to work independently as well as the ability to work effectively as part of a small team.
- Positive approach to work and ability to work to deadlines.
- Broad range of office or administrative experience
- Knowledge of Cunninghame North
- Experience of casework
- Previous use of electronic casework systems
- A friendly approach to constituents
How to apply:
Applicants should submit their CVs together with a cover letter
demonstrating how their skills and experience correspond to the job description to Kenneth.email@example.com.
Please note late applications and those received without both a CV and a suitable cover letter will not be considered.
Closing Date: 5 pm on Friday 17 November.
Interview: Interviews will be held during the week beginning 27 November.
Dave Doogan MP is recruiting a communications officer.
Owen Thompson MP is recruiting a caseworker to join his busy constituency team.
Alasdair Allan MSP is recruiting a researcher.
Anne McLaughlin is recruiting an administrative assistant.