A vacancy has opened up in the office of Alasdair Allan MSP for the role of Researcher. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and hardworking individual to help support Alasdair’s work as MSP for Na h-Eileanan an Iar.
Working for: Alasdair Allan, MSP for Na h-Eileanan an Iar
Job Title: Researcher
Location: based at either the constituency office in Stornoway or the Scottish Parliament depending on successful applicant, with the option for flexible working arrangements
Duration: This is a full-time position at 35 hours a week with occasional weekend or evening work and irregular travel to the constituency or parliamentary office
Salary: between £28,072 – £33,062 depending on skills and experience. The successful applicant will also benefit from a 10% employer’s pension contribution
- Responding to routine correspondence from constituents and third parties.
- Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face.
- Researching local, regional or national issues to support the MSP’s work.
- Attending meetings and events as and when required.
- Producing briefings, speeches, and other written materials.
- Assisting with inbox management.
- Helping to manage the MSP’s social media pages.
- Assist with the work of other colleagues as required and communicate appropriately with internal and external contacts.
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act.
- Assisting with various office duties as directed.
- Collaborating with colleagues from different services areas across the Parliament
- Sympathetic to the aims and goals of the Scottish National Party.
- Excellent level of interpersonal, written and oral communication skills.
- Ability to produce written correspondence to a high professional standard.
- Motivated to work independently as well as the ability to work effectively as part of a small team.
- Be self-motivated and able to manage your own workload while being able to work as part of a small team.
- Be able to respect the need for confidentiality when dealing with constituents’ issues and sensitive information.
- Strong administrative and organisational skills.
- Office or administrative experience.
- Knowledge of the Western Isles.
- Experience of casework.
- Excellent level of IT skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications, such as Word, Excel, Access and Outlook.
- Gaelic Language Skills.
The Selection Process:
Please send a CV and covering letter to email@example.com to apply.
Closing date: 9am Tuesday 28th November.
Dave Doogan MP is recruiting a communications officer.
Owen Thompson MP is recruiting a caseworker to join his busy constituency team.
Anne McLaughlin is recruiting an administrative assistant.
Jenny Gilruth MSP is looking for a Caseworker to join her busy constituency team.