Dave Doogan MP is recruiting a part-time temporary Caseworker to cover maternity leave, joining the dynamic team in a hybrid working arrangement in the Arbroath office.
Salary: £21,579-£27,000 pro rata
Term: Fixed term (maternity cover), 12 months
Hours: Part-time, 20 hours per week
Location: Hybrid – Arbroath office and working from home
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from constituents, lobbyists and pressure groups
- Manage and progress portfolio of casework appropriately, ensuring all cases are logged; monitoring progress at appropriate intervals and ensuring all identified actions are taken
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially and in line with GDPR
- Analyse, evaluate & interpret data to ensure the Member is accurately informed on key issues
- Attend surgeries & meetings as appropriate
- Develop knowledge in specialist areas
- Liaise with other office staff, MSPs, councillors, government agencies, voluntary sector and others to resolve constituency matters
- Any other duties required by the MP or office manager
- Previous experience handling enquiries from members of the public
- Ability to deal with and prioritise varied caseload, and to work well under pressure
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision and as part of a small team
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills
- Excellent IT skills
- Ability to draft letters and emails to the highest professional standard
- Ability to develop knowledge in specialist areas and be willing to undertake professional training
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Scottish National Party
This post may require travel within the constituency and to Westminster for attendance at meetings, surgeries, training and events.
If you have any questions about the role, please contact Dave.Doogan.firstname.lastname@example.org
To apply: please send CV and covering letter to Dave.Doogan.email@example.com
Closing date: Sunday 14th August, 7pm
Interview date: Thursday 18th August
Stephen Flynn MP is seeking an enthusiastic, hardworking and motivated individual to join his team in Aberdeen South.
Gillian Martin MSP is looking to recruit a parliamentary and communications assistant to cover a period of maternity leave, based in the Scottish Parliament.
Graeme Dey MSP is looking for a Constituency Assistant to join his team for a fixed-term period of 12 months.
Anne McLaughlin is currently recruiting for a case worker who will also act as a support officer in the constituency.