An exciting opportunity to join the team for Tommy Sheppard as a Part Time Constituency Caseworker as part of his Edinburgh East constituency team.
Salary: Dependent on experience and in accordance with IPSA pay scales
Job Details: 2 days (Preferably Monday and Friday). Out of office hours working may be required but time off in lieu will be available subject to agreement.
Location: Home working in line with Scottish government Covid-19 guidance / constituency office.
Key task: To support the office’s casework activity, working with other staff within a small busy team, to help constituents by receiving, recording, undertaking and resolving casework.
- Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
- Attending and assisting at surgeries
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Assist with social media – following up on queries and comments
- Other tasks to assist with the day-to-day running of an MP’s office assigned by the office manager
The post holder will have:
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Good interpersonal and communication skills
- The ability to prioritise and work under pressure
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills
- Attention to detail
- The ability to take ownership of the casework policies and practice
- Experience of working in a political environment, public or third sector
- An appreciation of the responsibilities involved in dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Competent use of IT, in particular MS Office, and the ability to adapt quickly to new software
- An appreciation of the responsibilities involved in handling casework or working in a customer service environment
- An interest in politics and an understanding of the aims of the SNP
- Practical work of a similar nature would be an advantage
A CV and covering letter should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject header “Caseworker Application”.
Applications will close on 30th June with interviews taking place in July (in line with social distancing guidance).
Owen Thompson MP is seeking an experienced individual to join his constituency team assist with an increased level of casework due the coronavirus pandemic to support the office’s casework activity.
Patrick Grady MP is recruiting for a temporary Constituency Assistant to work in his Glasgow North constituency.
Neale Hanvey MP is seeking an experienced individual to join his constituency team to assist with the increased level of casework as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. This is a temporary position on a fixed term basis only.