LOCATION: WITHIN THE CONSTITUENCY AND CONSTITUENCY
46 JOHN STREET, ABERDEEN, AB25 1LL
Kirsty Blackman, MP for Aberdeen North is looking to employ a part time Constituency Assistant to work in her Constituency Office.
Job Title: Constituency Assistant (fixed term for 6 months)
Salary: £19,641 (pro rata)
Hours: 8 hours per week to be worked over two days during normal working hours – Tuesday-Thursday 10am-5pm.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate:
- An ability to work in an extremely busy office
- Flexibility and ability to prioritise in a high-pressure environment
- Experience of using Microsoft Office programs
Main duties include:
- Attending surgeries and other meetings, as required
- Diary management
- Handling administrative arrangements for meetings with members of the public/MP surgeries
- Opening and dispatching mail
- Photocopying, filing, record-keeping and typing correspondence
- Responding to enquiries by telephone and email, passing on queries to other team members/MP as appropriate
- Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Logging all cases; monitoring progress and ensuring all identified actions are taken
- Retaining records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
This description is indicative of the nature and level of responsibility associated with this job. It is not exhaustive, and the successful candidate will be required to undertake other duties as required.
Closing date: 12 noon, Thursday 17th October 2019. Applications received after this date/time will not be considered.
Interviews: Interviews will be held on Friday 25th October 2019. Applicants will be notified by Friday, 18th October 2019.
Application details: Applicants should send a CV with a cover letter, no longer than 3 pages, to firstname.lastname@example.org by noon on Thursday 17th October 2019. Late applications will not be accepted.
Colin Beattie MSP is looking for a part time caseworker to join his constituency team. The purpose of this role is to meet with and speak to Colin Beattie’s constituents, local organisations and community groups, both to represent Colin’s work in the constituency and to carry out casework on behalf of constituents.