Rona Mackay is seeking a part-time communications officer (2 days per week) for a fixed-term 6 month contract.
LOCATION – this post is based in the Strathkelvin and Bearsden constituency office
SALARY – the successful candidate will receive a salary of £21,626 pro. rata
- Maintain social media presence in the constituency and publicise surgeries etc.
- Follow up on social media queries and comments
- Preparing media briefings
- Pro-active and re-active communications with all media
- Publicise the Member’s parliamentary duties on FB and Twitter
- Maintain members’ website
- Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
- Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
- Draft responses to constituents
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
- Relevant qualifications demonstrating literacy, numeracy and research skills, or equivalent experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication.
- Experience of working in an office environment preferable
- Proven Research skills
- Ability to manage workflow & prioritise as necessary
- Knowledge & understanding of Scottish/UK/European politics – specifically an awareness of local issues in the Strathkelvin and Bearsden constituency
- Ability to manage time, work under pressure, meet deadlines
- Ability to work as part of a team
- Enthusiastic, flexible and reliable
- Strong knowledge of media & social media
- Excellent IT skills including experience of using Microsoft Office and the ability to master new software.
- Clean UK Drivers licence (not essential, but preferred)
This is a perfect opportunity for someone who works well in a small team, has excellent communication skills and wants to work in politics.
This position may require occasional evening or weekend work. Working in the Scottish Parliament may be required on occasion.
How to apply: Please send your CV with a covering letter (no more than 3 pages in total) matching your skills and experience to the job description and person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org.
Please provide contact details for two references.
The closing date for applications is midnight on Sunday 26th May May 2019. Applications received after this will not be considered.
Appointment will be dependent on satisfactory reference.
Interview/Start Dates: Interviews will be held in the Strathkelvin and Bearsden constituency and are expected to be held on Monday 3rd June, although this remains to be confirmed.
Interview will consist of a short task followed by a formal interview.
Start date is preferred to be the 8th July but is negotiable.
Gillian Martin MSP is looking to recruit an Office Manager to cover a period of maternity leave, based in her constituency office in Oldmeldrum. The post will be for an initial fixed period of 6 months, with the possibility of extension for a further period. The post will be for 25 hours a week, Monday-Friday….