Parliamentary Researcher – SNP Parliamentary Office
The SNP Parliamentary Group of MSPs is looking to employ a full time Parliamentary Researcher.
- Drafting concise and clearly presented briefings on a range of policy subjects for Parliamentary debates and media
- Supporting SNP MSPs in Parliamentary Committees
- Carrying out specific research projects for SNP MSPs, sometimes under pressure and to short deadlines
- Assisting communications officers with media research and briefings on topical issues
- Liaising with other SNP groups, Ministers and Cabinet Secretaries
- Engaging with external stakeholders and organisations where relevant to research interests
Skills and Experience
- Relevant degree and/or equivalent experience
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate a wide range of political, policy and research skills.
- Ability to respond quickly and to produce accurate information within tight time scales.
- Able to demonstrate robust political instincts, quick understanding and ability to communicate effectively.
- Applicants must have an interest in and firm knowledge of current Scottish politics at all levels and should understand the Scottish Parliamentary system.
- Understanding and experience of working with statistics.
- Prior political research experience is desirable.
- Experience with legislation or parliamentary process would be beneficial.
- Ability to work across policy areas.
- Must be able to work well within a team, respond flexibly and creatively to a range of research requests and prioritise competing demands.
Salary will be based on skills/experience.
Applicants should send a CV with cover letter, explaining their suitability for the position to SNPMSPgroup@parliament.scot by 12 noon on Tuesday 10th December 2019.