This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and capable individual to join Stuart McDonald MP in his Westminster office to support his work as the Member of Parliament for Cumbernauld, Kilsyth and Kirkintilloch East, on a full-time and permanent basis.
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret data to ensure the MP is accurately informed on key issues
- Develop and maintain current knowledge of bills, Early Day Motions, legislation, hansard, debates etc
- Diary Management
- Ensure the Member is fully briefed on potential questions and motions to be put to the house
- Monitor media coverage and brief the MP on relevant issues
- Prepare and present briefing notes for committees, press releases, parliamentary questions etc.
- Progress casework as required
- Provide generalist admin support
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries
- Undertake research, usually from readily available sources, on straightforward subjects
- Drafting correspondence
- Drafting simple event briefings and organising events
- Acting as a first point of contact for guests
- Managing social media pages and simple websites
- Any other duties as reasonably required by the MP
- Excellent interpersonal and organisational skills.
- Able to demonstrate high standards of integrity and political awareness alongside a record of performance in some or all of the main duties of the post.
- Experience of working independently and without supervision or with colleagues across multiple sites.
- Ability to take instruction with tight and changing deadlines, often over phone or via email.
- A flexible approach to work is as the nature of the job means there will be a need for some evening and weekend working, as well as some working in the constituency office.
Location: London based
Salary: £24,000 p.a
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. Flexible working available.
How to apply: Please send a CV and covering letter to Kirsty Andrew, Office Manager, via email at firstname.lastname@example.org. The subject title of the email should be “Application for the vacancy of Parliamentary Assistant”. The closing date for applications is 5pm on Thursday 21st February
Senior Communications Officer – Patrick Grady MP Patrick is recruiting for a Senior Communications Officer to work in his constituency office in Glasgow and assist his team in dealing with constituent enquiries. Key responsibilities include researching and drafting responses to political campaigns, producing press releases, managing my social media output and updating constituents on my…
Patricia Gibson MP is recruiting a caseworker, based in her busy constituency office in Ardrossan. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, hard-working individual, who would like to be part of the small dedicated team supporting Patricia’s work for the constituents of North Ayrshire and Arran. This post is available for an initial fixed…
Deidre Brock MP is looking for a part-time constituency assistant, Thursdays and Fridays.
Tom Arthur MSP is recruiting a Communications Officer to cover for maternity leave.