Parliamentary Assistant – Office of Chris Law MP
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and capable individual to join Chris Law MP in his Westminster office working full-time to support his work as the Member of Parliament for Dundee West and in his role as SNP Spokesperson for International Development and Climate Justice.
Firm knowledge of current Scottish politics, international development, human rights and climate change issues is essential to support Chris in his spokesperson role and select committee work.
- Research into local, regional and international issues as required.
- Prepare briefings for committees, articles, press releases etc.
- Prepare speeches for debates, urgent statements/questions and events
- Draft Early Day Motions, written and oral parliamentary questions
- Diary Management
- Organising travel and expenses
- Accompany and take notes at meetings with NGOs and activists
- Provide general admin support
- Develop local and national campaigns
- Oversight of APPG groups
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from constituents, the media, lobbyists, NGOs, government departments etc.
- Organising events
- Organising tours of parliament
- Acting as a first point of contact for guests
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate they have:
- Knowledge of the Dundee West constituency
- An interest in foreign affairs, international development, human rights and climate change issues
- Understanding of UK, Scottish and Local Government politics
- Excellent oral and writing skills
- Excellent organisational and time management skills
- A positive team orientated attitude but also an ability to work independently
- Ability to meet tight deadlines
- A flexible approach to work as the nature of the job means there will be a need for some evening and weekend working, as well as some working in the constituency office.
- Ability to take instruction with tight and changing deadlines
Location: London based, occasionally working in the constituency office in Dundee
Salary: £25,000 – £28,000 p.a, dependent on experience
Hours: Monday-Friday, 9am-5pm. Some flexible working required.
The successful candidate will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO).
How to apply: Please send a CV and covering letter via email to email@example.com. The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 8th March.
Applications will be assessed on a rolling basis. Early applications are encouraged.
Telephone 020 7219 6917 or email firstname.lastname@example.org for any enquiries.
Douglas is recruiting a Communications Officer, based primarily in his busy constituency office in Rosyth, with occasional visits to Westminster when required. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and capable individual to join Douglas’s team and support his work as the Member of Parliament for Dunfermline and West Fife. Salary:…
Successful applicant will be responsible for managing a small team in a drop-in constituency office in Cardonald. Knowledge of local and national government structures and policy is essential; experience in a management position is essential.
The John Wheatley internship David Linden MP is seeking an enthusiastic intern to join his staff for the annual John Wheatley internship. This three-month summer internship is ideal for someone who is passionate about Glasgow’s East End. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a dedicated office team in Shettleston as well…
Senior Communications Officer – Patrick Grady MP Patrick is recruiting for a Senior Communications Officer to work in his constituency office in Glasgow and assist his team in dealing with constituent enquiries. Key responsibilities include researching and drafting responses to political campaigns, producing press releases, managing my social media output and updating constituents on my…