Kevin Stewart MSP is seeking an enthusiastic, hardworking and motivated individual to join his team in Aberdeen Central.
The successful candidate must have excellent administrative and organisational skills, be able to demonstrate relevant previous experience of dealing with casework and/or handling enquires from members of the public, working as part of a team and the ability to prioritise their workload.
Job Title: Parliamentary Assistant
Hours: Full-time (Monday to Friday with occasional evening or weekend work)
· Assisting with casework and responding to general constituency enquiries
· Liaising with agencies, local authorities, third party organisations and others
· Communicating with constituents clearly and sensitively
· Assisting with projects and campaigns in the constituency
· Maintaining an up-to-date knowledge of national and local issues and how they will affect residents
· Conducting research from readily available resources
· Opening and dispatching mail
· Assisting with inbox management
· General office admin and support
The successful candidate will have the following:
· Strong written and oral communication skills
· Previous casework experience is desirable but not essential
· Good telephone manner
· Highly organised
· Good analytical skills and attention to detail
· Reliable, efficient and fast worker
· A trustworthy team player with a strong work ethic
Closing Date: Sunday, 20th December, 5pm. Send applications to email@example.com.