Are you interested in working in a fast-paced political environment?
Do you have the skills to combine constituency casework with parliamentary process?
Carol Monaghan MP is offering a paid internship in her London office, based in the Houses of Parliament. This position will commence in September and will run until July 2020.
The successful candidate will be equally comfortable interacting with constituents in Glasgow and Government Ministers in London.
Duties will include:
• Analysing, evaluating and interpreting data and evidence
• Developing and maintaining current knowledge of Bills, Early Day Motions, legislation, Hansard, debates etc
• Diary management
• Providing advice on policy issues
• Monitoring media coverage and briefing on relevant issues
• Preparing and presenting briefing notes for committees, press releases, parliamentary questions and speeches
• Progressing casework as required
• Providing general admin support
• Responding to routine correspondence and enquiries
• Undertaking research on issues of interest/relevance
• Other duties as required
Hours: This is a full-time position – 37.5 hours per week.
Salary: The successful candidate for this position will receive an annual salary of £25,000.
Applications: Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining your skills and experience to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Parliamentary Intern” in the subject title.
Closing Date: Friday 21st June 2019 at 5pm
Interviews are likely to be held in the week commencing 1st July 2019.
Ben Macpherson MSP (Edinburgh Northern and Leith) is looking for a hard-working and enthusiastic individual to join his team as a Constituency Assistant. Salary: £24,000 per annum Hours: Full time (35 hours a week) Based: Local constituency office Job purpose: To provide full administrative support without the need for supervision, ensuring the Member is fully supported, including managing all…
A full time position of Parliamentary Officer has arisen in the Constituency Office of John Mason, MSP for Glasgow Shettleston. This role will be based in Glasgow Shettleston Constituency office with occasional travel through to the Scottish Parliament being required. Flexible working on occasion may be required, particularly in the evenings. Title: Parliamentary Officer…
Gillian Martin MSP and Stewart Stevenson MSP are looking to recruit a communications officer to cover a period of maternity leave, based in the Scottish Parliament. The post will be for an initial fixed period of 6 months, with the possibility of extension for a further period. The post will be for 35 hours a…