Gillian Martin MSP is looking to recruit an Office Manager to cover a period of maternity leave, based in her constituency office in Oldmeldrum.
The post will be for an initial fixed period of 6 months, with the possibility of extension for a further period.
The post will be for 25 hours a week, Monday-Friday. We are happy to consider flexibility within these days/hours if required.
The successful applicant will be responsible for managing a small team based across both the MSP’s constituency and parliamentary offices.
Key duties will include:
- Oversight of staff, offering guidance and/or support where required.
- Management of the MSP’s inbox, responding to general enquiries and delegating emails for response to other staff members.
- Management of the MSP’s diary and invitations received.
- Management of office budget and processing payments for office costs.
- Maintaining an efficient electronic filing system in the office, attempting to be paperless.
- Attending meetings and events where required.
- Ensuring the MSP is well briefed on all relevant matters.
- Experience in a management position.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Well established IT skills, including confident use of Microsoft Office Applications.
- Good knowledge of local and national government structures and policy.
- Good knowledge of the constituency area of Aberdeenshire East.
- Broad range of office or administrative experience.
- HR experience.
- Casework experience.
- Full, clean driving licence.
Salary: £27,729 pro rata
Apply: By CV and covering letter to Gwyneth.firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing Date: 10th June 2019
Start Date: 15th July 2019
Rona Mackay is seeking a part-time communications officer (2 days per week) for a fixed-term 6 month contract. LOCATION – this post is based in the Strathkelvin and Bearsden constituency office SALARY – the successful candidate will receive a salary of £21,626 pro. rata Job Description: Maintain social media presence in the constituency and publicise…