Anum Qaisar MP is looking for two full-time caseworkers – one senior and junior – to join her office team in the Airdrie and Shotts constituency. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and highly capable individual to support Anum’s work as a Member of Parliament, and to make a genuine difference in the communities she represents.
Location: Airdrie and Shotts constituency, with occasional travel to London.
Salary: Junior Caseworker – £24,000 to 26,000 (dependent on experience). Senior Caseworker – £29,500 to 32,000 (dependent on experience). You will also benefit from a 10% employer’s pension contribution.
Hours: 37.5 (full-time). Occasional evening and weekend working may be required with time off in lieu, subject to agreement.
- Dealing with constituent enquiries and progressing cases on their behalf, providing effective support and advice throughout
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR)
- Attending surgeries, meetings and other external events alongside, or on behalf of, the MP
- Work with colleagues to provide general administrative support and assistance on projects and events
- Any other duties as required by the MP or her Senior Parliamentary Assistant
- Strong interpersonal and communication skills, both verbal and written
- The ability to work independently; prioritise workload and meet tight deadlines
- High attention to detail
- Ability to interpret information to provide effective and clear responses to constituents
- Experience of working with sensitive and confidential information
- Well organised with excellent time management
- Strong IT skills
- An interest in current affairs and good knowledge of local and national politics
- Experience of working in government, the public or third sectors
- Previous experience in a public-facing role
- A working understanding of reserved and devolved policy areas
- Knowledge of the Airdrie and Shotts constituency
- Experience of event planning
- Experience of new and social media
- A full driving licence
Applicants should be aware that travel within the constituency, and occasionally to Westminster, may be required for attending meetings, events and training. The successful candidate will be required to comply the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO).
To apply for one of these roles, please send a one page CV and one page covering letter referencing how your experience matches this post.
Applications for Senior Caseworker should be sent to email@example.com with the subject “Application for vacancy of Senior Caseworker”.
Applications for Junior Caseworker should be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject “Application for vacancy of Junior Caseworker”.
Deadline date is Friday 30th September at 5pm. Interviews will be held on the week commencing the 3rd of October.
Douglas Chapman MP for Dunfermline and West Fife has a vacancy for a full-time Communications & Media Officer in his Constituency Office
Douglas Chapman MP, Member of Parliament for the constituency of Dunfermline & West Fife is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and hardworking caseworker to join his constituency office team.
Tommy Sheppard is seeking a new Caseworker/Senior Caseworker to advise and assist individual constituents.
Carol Monaghan MP is seeking an enthusiastic, hardworking and motivated individual to join her team in Glasgow North West.