Audrey Nicoll MSP is looking for a Full-time Admin and Casework Assistant to join her Aberdeen South and North Kincardine constituency team.
Location: local constituency office in Aberdeen
Hours: 35 Hours per week
Salary Range: £20,000 – £25,000
Working for a Member of the Scottish Parliament (MSP)
MSPs are employers in their own right. Under their employment, you will become part of a team supporting them in carrying out their duties. You’ll work in a dynamic and fast paced environment to provide an outstanding service for constituents.
- Carrying out general office administration and acting as front of office for enquiries.
- Responding to all incoming correspondence while professionally managing each enquiry within agreed timescales.
- Coordinating, tracking and monitoring the handling of enquiries and ensuring they are dealt with timely and professionally.
- Drafting written correspondence such as letters, requests for information and parliamentary questions and motions.
- Supporting with keeping casework up to date and responding to public enquiries.
- Keeping cases up to date by tracking, logging and recognising when to escalate issues within team.
- Meeting constituents on a wide range of issues, including those of a sensitive nature and escalating accordingly.
- Advocating on constituent’s behalf with relevant bodies to resolve matters.
- Maintaining office records and compliance with data protection.
- Maintaining filing system and managing records.
- Ensuring compliance with data protection legislation and GDPR requirements.
- Ensuring administrative and secretarial support is provided.
- Have excellent written, verbal and IT skills with accurate attention to detail.
- Have a flexible and adaptable approach, being able to use good judgement and work on own initiative.
- Be well organised with the ability to prioritise competing workloads.
- Be patient and sensitive while remaining objective and open minded.
- Be comfortable being in a front facing role explaining regulations such as GDPR to the general public.
- Be acutely aware of the responsibility of representing those unable to do so themselves in certain situations.
- Have a natural interest in helping people with a curiosity to probe for further information where required.
To apply: Please email your CV and a covering letter to email@example.com. In the subject line of your email, please specify if you are applying for a full-time post or maternity cover, as two positions in our office are available.
Closing Date: 13 August 2022
Stephen Flynn MP is seeking an enthusiastic, hardworking and motivated individual to join his team in Aberdeen South.
Gillian Martin MSP is looking to recruit a parliamentary and communications assistant to cover a period of maternity leave, based in the Scottish Parliament.
Graeme Dey MSP is looking for a Constituency Assistant to join his team for a fixed-term period of 12 months.
Anne McLaughlin is currently recruiting for a case worker who will also act as a support officer in the constituency.