Fixed-Term Temporary Caseworker for Neale Hanvey MP
Neale Hanvey MP is seeking an experienced individual to join his constituency team to assist with the increased level of casework as a result of the coronavirus pandemic. This is a temporary position on a fixed term basis only.
- Dealing with a high volume of constituency casework. This will involve handling enquiries from constituents and taking the appropriate action to resolve cases quickly and efficiently.
- Managing a varying caseload effectively.
- Drafting correspondence as required.
- Liaising regularly with the local authority, government agencies and departments, the voluntary sector and others.
- Working within the requirements of data protection legislation to ensure confidentiality and security of information is maintained.
- Attending surgeries and other meetings (virtually) as appropriate.
- Undertaking other administrative duties in support of the Member’s work as required.
Essential Competencies and Experience
- Previous experience of handling casework in a Member of Parliament’s office (either MP or MSP).
- Existing or recent previous security clearance from the Houses of Parliament.
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal, with the proven ability to produce a high standard of written work.
- A professional and confident telephone manner.
- Strong organisational and time management skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills.
- The ability to deal compassionately and respectfully with sensitive issues on behalf of constituents.
- Good IT skills and a working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Educated to Higher level (or able to demonstrate equivalent ability).
- A flexible approach to working with the ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative.
Desirable Competencies and Experience
- Experience of using Elected Technologies Caseworker software.
- An interest in and general understanding of the political scene in Scotland.
- Knowledge of the local area.
Salary: In line with IPSA pay scales pro rata (depending on skills and experience).
Location: Remote working from home.
Contract Type: Temporary, fixed term for three months (shorter contract will be considered).
Hours: Full time or part time will be considered.
To apply please send a CV and covering letter demonstrating how you meet the requirements of the role to the Office Manager on firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date for applications is 9am on Monday 6th July.
Interviews are expected to take place virtually on Friday 10th July.
Owen Thompson MP is seeking an experienced individual to join his constituency team assist with an increased level of casework due the coronavirus pandemic to support the office’s casework activity.
Patrick Grady MP is recruiting for a temporary Constituency Assistant to work in his Glasgow North constituency.
An exciting opportunity to join the team for Tommy Sheppard as a Part Time Constituency Caseworker as part of his Edinburgh East constituency team.