Usually at SNP conference we have voluntary stewards. At this year’s special online conference we are looking for digital stewards to help with technical questions from members to support them to attend SNP events online.
The primary role of a digital steward is to assist with technical questions from members to support them to attend SNP events online.
- Assist attendees one-on-one with any technical difficulties they are experiencing
- Respond quickly and positively to technical questions, requests, problems or complaints raised by attendees and to resolve them effectively and courteously
- Help to respond to any enquires through the help desk within the online event
The successful candidates will:
- have excellent communication and interpersonal skills to deal with a range of technical enquiries from attendees and have the ability to stay calm under pressure;
- be technologically proficient and knowledgeable of various computer applications;
- be flexible, committed, punctual and reliable with a pro-active approach and a friendly and polite disposition;
- be able to maintain good humour even when tired;
- be comfortable working with a diverse range of people from fellow SNP members, high profile individuals and the media;
- be able to present themselves in a positive and professional manner at all times;
- have a willingness to work as part of a team, with patience and diplomacy
All digital stewards will need to:
- provide two references who know you in a formal capacity;
- attend the online events for the full time required;
- own a computer they are happy to use for this role and have access to the internet;
- be eligible to volunteer in the UK;
- have an excellent level of spoken English and able to understand, and respond to, written and spoken instructions and briefings; and
- be available to answer emails prior to events to assist with any technical enquiries.
We welcome applicants from all age ranges and backgrounds but they must be a current SNP Member, as digital stewards may be required to assist with internal sessions. Prior experience would be preferred, basic training on the relevant platform will be provided.
- On becoming a digital steward, you will become part of a hard-working and supportive team behind the successful running of SNP Online Events
- Digital steward training provided
- Free Pass to attend SNP Online Events you are assisting with
- Gain valuable experience of helping to run a large-scale online event
- You will make a valuable contribution to the SNP
Applications will be considered on a rolling basis. For consideration for SNP Conference 2020, applications must be submitted to email@example.com by 30th October.
Please apply using the application form below.
Tommy Sheppard MP is currently recruiting for a temporary part time Constituency/Communications Assistant until the end of March 2021.
Anne McLaughlin is currently recruiting for a temporary part-time administration officer until the end of March 2021.
Peter Grant MP is looking for a Communications Officer to provide maternity leave cover.
Anne McLaughlin is currently recruiting for a permanent researcher based in her constituency office in Glasgow North East, though staff are currently working from home due to Covid-19.