The SNP Westminster Group is looking to recruit a full time Digital Media Officer, to be based in London with home working. Reporting to the Digital Media Manager and the Director of Communications, the Digital Media Officer will promote the work of SNP MPs through digital media channels.
Location: London (with home working)
Full Time Salary: Based on experience and in line with the pay scale for Digital Media Officer (£26,646 to £35,173).
Based in Westminster, the Digital Media Officer will be operating in a fast-paced political environment at the heart of the SNP Westminster Group. The successful candidate will play an important role in promoting the work of SNP MPs through digital media channels.
You will work with MPs, their offices and the SNP’s communications teams in London and Edinburgh to produce engaging content for our social media platforms, write and edit content for publication on our website, and demonstrate sound political and online community judgment.
You will act as a key digital contact, liaising with internal teams and external partners. You will be involved in identifying and analysing appropriate data and trends around our digital content; creating insights from them and feeding those into the development of our overall digital strategy. You will develop creative and engaging ways to present the aims and achievements of the SNP Group and help in maintaining the high levels of engagement of our online audiences.
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Support the day-to-day management of the SNP’s social media channels and in the publishing of content across our digital platforms
- Help to develop the SNP’s digital media portfolio and experiment with new and emerging channels and content, with an emphasis on native video, to reach our target audiences
- Shoot, edit, create & write a range of exciting digital content
- Work with a team of creative people both in London and Edinburgh to ensure the maximum digital impact of the wider party’s aims and activities
- Support MPs in the development and inclusion of social media within their parliamentary campaigns
- Support in the analysis of our digital activity and make recommendations on how to maximise the impact of our digital output
- Seek out and develop new digital strategies and content opportunities to help grow the SNP’s digital presence
- Liaise closely with SNP colleagues and external stakeholders to ensure digital content corresponds with, and enhances, the party’s overall aims and output
- Aid in ensuring that all digital content is appropriate in tone and that published content has proper community management.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate expertise in social media and experience of working with large social media accounts, including the opportunities and risks of social media in a political context
- Understanding and experience of using online media to communicate key messages and reach target audiences
- Experience of working with Adobe Creative Suite (Photoshop, Illustrator, Premier Pro, After Affects) to create suitable and engaging content for multiple digital platforms
- Ability to work quickly and respond to developing events in short deadlines and solve problems under pressure
- Strong editorial judgement and attention to detail, including strong writing and proofreading skills, particularly in short form writing/social media posts
- Ability to plan and organise your time and resources effectively
- Ability to work well within a small team and independently, and to respond flexibly and creatively to a range of requests
- Willingness to work flexible hours in line with the parliamentary timetable, some weekend and evening work may be required
- Applicants must have a firm knowledge of current Scottish politics at all levels, the UK Parliamentary system and the SNP’s role at Westminster
We are keen to hear from candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds. Applications are encouraged from those with relevant educational and / or work experience.
Applicants should complete and send the application form to email@example.com by 23.59 (GMT) 8th November. Download Application Form here.
Applicants should put “Digital Media Officer” in the title of the email. Late applications will not be accepted.
Closing date: 23:59am on Sunday 8th November 2020
Tommy Sheppard MP is currently recruiting for a temporary part time Constituency/Communications Assistant until the end of March 2021.
Anne McLaughlin is currently recruiting for a temporary part-time administration officer until the end of March 2021.
Peter Grant MP is looking for a Communications Officer to provide maternity leave cover.
Anne McLaughlin is currently recruiting for a permanent researcher based in her constituency office in Glasgow North East, though staff are currently working from home due to Covid-19.