Pete Wishart MP is looking to recruit a full-time constituency support officer, to be based in Perth, with some home working.
Reporting to the office manager, the constituency support officer will support the work of Pete Wishart through administration and casework.
Location: Constituency Office, Glasgow Road, Perth. Currently working from home, and potential for hybrid working in the future.
Salary: Dependent on experience and in line with the IPSA pay scale for constituency support officer (£21,529 – £32,022).
Main duties and responsibilities
- Diary management, including arranging and facilitating constituency events and promoting the activities of the MP
- Arrange surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
- Assist with the general casework of the office.
- Deal with standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face.
- Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Engage professionally, confidentially and with care and integrity with members of the public
- There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally
- Attention to detail, including proofreading skills and accuracy.
- Ability to work effectively under pressure, respond quickly to developing events, produce accurate information, and arrange events within tight time scales.
- Ability to plan and organise your time and resources effectively
- Must be able to work well within a small team and independently
- Willingness to work flexible hours. Some weekend and evening work may be required
- Applicants would benefit from having a good knowledge of the SNP, Scottish politics, the UK’s political and parliamentary systems, and a knowledge of Perth and Perthshire and the local issues.
We are keen to hear from candidates from a wide variety of backgrounds. Applications are encouraged from those with relevant experience whether that is work, voluntary or educational.
Application Details: Applicants should send a CV and covering letter to Elaine Wylie, Office Manager- email@example.com by noon on Friday 29th October.
Peter Grant MP is seeking applications for the position of Senior Communications Officer, working part-time at home and at the constituency office in Glenrothes.
Stephanie Callaghan MSP is looking for a part-time Casework Assistant to join her team.
Stephanie Callaghan MSP is looking for a full-time Senior Caseworker to join her team.
The SNP Westminster Group is looking to recruit a full time Press Officer, to be based in London, with some home working