Patricia Gibson MP is recruiting a Constituency Support Officer, based in her busy constituency office in Ardrossan. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, hard-working individual who would like to be part of the small dedicated team supporting Patricia’s work for the constituents of North Ayrshire and Arran.
Working for: Patricia Gibson, MP for North Ayrshire and Arran
Job Title: Constituency Support Officer
Location: Constituency Office, Ardrossan
Salary: £21,529 – £32,022, dependent on experience. In line with IPSA Pay Scales. You will also benefit from a 10% employer’s pension contribution.
Patricia Gibson MP is seeking to recruit a full-time Constituency Support Officer based in her constituency office in Ardrossan. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and highly capable individual to join Patricia’s constituency team to support her work as the Member of Parliament for North Ayrshire and Arran.
The successful candidate will work with colleagues to provide a dedicated support to constituents on a range of issues and help to resolve problems through liaison with government agencies and voluntary sector organisations.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone with an exceptional level of oral and written communication skills, and a positive attitude to work. Experience of casework is preferred but not essential, as training will be given.
Applicants should have a strong interest in local and national politics, and an awareness of the constituency of North Ayrshire and Arran.
Responsibilities will include:
- Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face. Ongoing communications may be required.
- Draft responses to constituents.
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with data protection legislation.
- Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP.
- Establish, monitor and update social media and online presence in the constituency. Produce online graphics and video content, as well as publicising surgeries and news alerts etc.
- Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases.
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken.
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act.
- Maintaining, updating and developing knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance.
- Administrative and general support for the work of the office.
- Any other reasonable tasks as assigned by the MP.
- Educated to degree standard
- Extremely high level of interpersonal written and oral communication skills
- Ability to produce written correspondence to a high professional standard with attention to detail, including proof reading skills and accuracy
- Excellent IT skills including confident use of MS Office applications
- Office administration skills
- Motivated to work independently as well as the ability to work effectively as part of a small team
- Positive flexible approach to work
- Broad range of office or administrative experience
- Knowledge of North Ayrshire & Arran constituency
- Experience of casework
- Previous use of electronic casework systems
General Information: Upon appointment you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO).
Interview: Interviews will be held on 9 and 10 December. Candidates will also be required to undertake a short skills assessment of written communications skills.
How to apply: Applicants should submit their CV together with a covering letter demonstrating how their skills and experience correspond to the job description to email@example.com. Interviews will be held shortly thereafter. Please note applications received without both a CV and a suitable covering letter will not be considered.
Closing Date: 4 December
Collette Stevenson MSP is looking for an Admin Officer to join her team
Stuart McDonald MP is seeking a Parliamentary Assistant based in his local office in Cumbernauld.
The SNP Westminster Group are looking for a Senior Researcher to join their Finance & Economy group. The position will involve remote working initially, moving to hybrid system from early 2022, in London.
Martyn Day MP is seeking a Constituency Assistant to deal with a wide range of casework and policy issues.