Constituency Communications Officer – full time (37 hours per week) fixed term until the end of May 2021
Bruce Crawford MSP, Member of the Scottish Parliament for Stirling, and Alyn Smith MP, Member of Parliament for Stirling are seeking a hard-working and enthusiastic Communications Officer to work across both Westminster and Holyrood parliaments.
Salary: £24,000 (£12.47 per hour)
You will be employed separately by each Member.
You will be employed for 18 hours with Bruce Crawford MSP and you will be based in the constituency office in Stirling (Pro-rata salary is £11,675).
You will be employed to work 19 hours for Alyn Smith MP and you will be based in the constituency office in Stirling, with occasional travel to Westminster when required. (Pro-rata salary is £12,325).
- Work with members to promote their parliamentary roles through both national and local mainstream media outlets
- Promote members’ work through social media
- Produce high quality written materials including parliamentary questions, motions, briefings, speeches and newsletters
- Maintain an in-depth understanding of the Stirling constituency, ensuring members are well briefed
- Create content for website and social media including video production, design and produce materials such as infographics and posters, advertising (including social media advertising)
- Project work as directed
- Strong interpersonal, written and verbal communication skills
- Proven team player
- Exemplary time management and flexibility to support members when required
- Demonstrable ability to produce accurate output in a busy working environment and prioritise accordingly
- Capacity to be a self-starter who is able to use their own initiative, but also confident to ask for direction
- Very good knowledge of Scottish and UK politics and the workings of government in general
- Good knowledge of the respective Stirling constituencies
- Good knowledge of important local issues
- Experience of dealing with sensitive and confidential information
- Experience of working with the media or press relations role
- Some journalistic experience
To apply for this job please send your CV – alongside a covering letter of no more than 400 words on why you feel you would be suited for this role – to email@example.com
The deadline for applications is Thursday 20 February at 4.00pm. Successful applicants will be invited for an interview which will take place in Stirling on Friday 28 February.
Stephen Flynn MP is seeking an enthusiastic, hardworking and motivated individual to join his new team in Aberdeen South.
Peter Grant MP is seeking a senior caseworker/caseworker (maternity cover) to work at his office in Glenrothes.
An opportunity has arisen for a temporary Caseworker to join Colin Beattie MSP in local constituency office in Dalkeith.
The SNP Westminster Group is looking to recruit a Senior Researcher focused on Scotland and the Constitution.