Are you interested in working in a fast-paced political environment? Do you have the skills to support constituents in need of assistance from their MP?
I am seeking an enthusiastic, hardworking and motivated individual to join my team in Glasgow North West.
The successful candidate will be comfortable interacting with constituents in Glasgow as well as government departments and other organisations.
Duties will include:
- Assist with surgeries and other meetings and follow up as appropriate
- Attend constituency meetings as appropriate
- Deal with large numbers of standard queries, as well as assisting on more complex cases from members of the public by phone, email, social media or face to face. Ongoing communication may be required
- Draft responses to constituents
- Ensure records are kept and information managed confidentially in line with the data protection legislation
- Ensure that each case is dealt with promptly, sensitively, confidentially and accurately in accordance with the MP
- Follow up on social media queries and comments
- Gather relevant information to assist with resolving cases
- Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
- Monitor media coverage, liaise with media, prepare press releases as required
- Produce press releases, liaise with the media, meeting deadlines as appropriate
- Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act/GDPR
- There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of the normal working hours and travel for work occasionally
The successful candidate will have the following:
- Strong written and oral communication skills
- Previous casework experience is desirable but not essential
- Good telephone manner
- Highly organised
- Good analytical skills and attention to detail
- Reliable, efficient and fast worker
- A trustworthy team player with a strong work ethic
Hours: This is a full-time position (37.5 hours per week), however, flexible/part-time working may be available depending on the successful candidate’s circumstances.
Location: Glasgow / Home working.
Salary: The successful candidate for this position will receive an annual salary in line with IPSA pay bands.
Applications: Please send a copy of your CV and a covering letter outlining your skills, experience and why you think you are the right person for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org with “Caseworker” in the subject field.
Closing Date: Friday 7th October 2022 at 5pm.
Interviews are likely to be held the week commencing 24th October.
Employment is conditional upon the successful candidate completing the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office.
Douglas Chapman MP for Dunfermline and West Fife has a vacancy for a full-time Communications & Media Officer in his Constituency Office
Douglas Chapman MP, Member of Parliament for the constituency of Dunfermline & West Fife is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and hardworking caseworker to join his constituency office team.
Tommy Sheppard is seeking a new Caseworker/Senior Caseworker to advise and assist individual constituents.
Collette Stevenson MSP is looking for a Casework & Office Manager to join her constituency office team.