Tom Arthur MSP is looking for a full time constituency assistant to join his Renfrewshire South constituency team.
Location: Based in the constituency office in Johnstone, with travel to Edinburgh as required. Home working is currently in place due to Covid restrictions.
Salary: £23,500 pro rata. The post attracts an employer’s pension contribution equivalent to 10% of salary.
Hours: The applicant will be required to work 35 hours per week, however flexible working requests will be considered.
The successful applicant will help assist Tom in his constituency work by managing his constituency diary, undertaking casework and assisting with office administration duties.
Working for a Member of the Scottish Parliament (MSP)
MSPs are employers in their own right. Under their employment, you will become part of a team supporting them in carrying out their duties. You’ll work in a dynamic and fast paced environment to provide an outstanding service for constituents.
- Carrying out general office administration and acting as front of office for enquiries.
- Responding to all incoming correspondence while professionally managing each enquiry within agreed timescales.
- Coordinating, tracking and monitoring the handling of enquiries and ensuring they are dealt with timely and professionally.
- Drafting written correspondence such as letters, requests for information and parliamentary questions and motions.
- Supporting with keeping casework up to date and responding to public enquiries.
- Keeping cases up to date by tracking, logging and recognising when to escalate issues within team.
- Meeting constituents on a wide range of issues, including those of a sensitive nature and escalating accordingly.
- Advocating on constituent’s behalf with relevant bodies to resolve matters.
- Maintaining office records and compliance with data protection.
- Maintaining filing system and managing records.
- Ensuring compliance with data protection legislation and GDPR requirements.
- Ensuring administrative and secretarial support is provided.
- Have excellent written, verbal and IT skills with accurate attention to detail.
- Be empathetic with the ability to build and maintain relationships with a variety of stakeholders.
- Have a flexible and adaptable approach, being able to use good judgement and work on own initiative.
- Be well organised with the ability to prioritise competing workloads.
- Be acutely aware of the responsibility of representing those unable to do so themselves in certain situations.
How to apply: Please send a CV and covering letter showing your suitability for the role to firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: 11:59pm on Friday 3rd December. Interviews will be held on Friday 17thDecember.
Collette Stevenson MSP is looking for an Admin Officer to join her team
Stuart McDonald MP is seeking a Parliamentary Assistant based in his local office in Cumbernauld.
The SNP Westminster Group are looking for a Senior Researcher to join their Finance & Economy group. The position will involve remote working initially, moving to hybrid system from early 2022, in London.
Martyn Day MP is seeking a Constituency Assistant to deal with a wide range of casework and policy issues.