Tom Arthur MSP is recruiting a Communications Officer to cover for maternity leave.
Location: Based in Holyrood, with work in the constituency office in Johnstone available during recesses.
Salary: £23,000 pro rata. The post attracts an employer’s pension contribution equivalent to 10% of salary.
Hours: The applicant will be required to work 21 hours per week Tuesday to Thursday, however flexible working requests will be considered.
The successful applicant will help assist Tom promote his parliamentary work by liaising with all sections of the media, producing high quality written materials and materials for upload to social media channels, as well as supporting Tom in his parliamentary office. The successful applicant must be organised with good time management, be self-motivated and be able to work independently and within a small team.
Job description (duties may include):
- Liaising effectively with all sections of the media including political and specialist journalists, editors and other spokespeople for external organisations;
- Establishing a broad range of contacts within the press, broadcast and online media in order to promote the work of the MSP;
- Producing high quality press briefings, quality speeches, presentations and written materials, and uploading speeches to social media channels;
- Working with the MSP to promote his/her parliamentary work nationally and locally;
- Identifying forthcoming events which may provide potential media opportunities;
- Monitoring the media, keeping the MSP briefed and up to date on developments;
- Organising interviews and press conferences on behalf of the MSP and accompany them on request;
- Developing e-communications with constituents and groups campaigning on local issues across the constituency;
- Using and monitoring social media channels to communicate with all stakeholders;
- Maintaining administrative and information systems, to support communications work in the parliament/constituency;
- Supporting the MSP with his parliamentary role, including work on Cross Party Groups
- Other duties as may be required to support the MSP.
How to apply: Please send a CV and covering letter showing how you meet the requirements to email@example.com
The closing date for applications is 12 noon on Friday 25th January. Interviews are likely to take place at the start of February, with the successful applicant starting w/c 25th February.
Alan Brown MP is looking to employ a Constituency Support Officer/Caseworker in his constituency office in Kilmarnock. This is an opportunity for an enthusiastic and capable individual to join the constituency team to support his work as the Member of Parliament for Kilmarnock and Loudoun. The successful candidate must have excellent communication, administrative and organisational…
A full time position of Parliamentary Officer has arisen in the Constituency Office of John Mason, MSP for Glasgow Shettleston.
Alex Neil MSP is seeking an enthusiastic and organised individual to join his office as a Caseworker.