Amy Callaghan MP and Marie McNair MSP are looking for a full-time Communications Officer to join their team with immediate effect. The successful candidate will split their time between both constituency offices.
Salary Range: In line with IPSA and Scottish Parliament pay scales and dependent on skills and experience.
Location: Initially working remotely from home in line with Scottish Government guidance, retuning to constituency offices in East Dunbartonshire and Clydebank.
though flexible working will be supported where possible. Some travel to London/Edinburgh may be required.
- Responsible for the management and development of the external communication presence of the MP and MSP
- Identify potential media opportunities and act as media contact on behalf of members.
- Design and develop engaging, targeted content and messages across a range of social media channels to effectively promote Amy and Marie’s parliamentary work
- Establish and develop appropriate strategies around social media and online presence in the constituency.
- Produce high quality graphics and video content, as well as publicising surgeries and news alerts.
- Manage and update online platforms including website and social media platforms.
- Monitor media coverage, liaise with media, prepare and produce high quality press releases, presentations and written materials as required.
- Research local, regional, and national issues to support MP and MSP’s work.
- Respond professionally, sensitively, confidentially and with integrity to routine correspondence and enquiries by email, telephone, social media and face to face from constituents, the media, lobbyists and pressure groups.
- Build and maintain relationships with relevant stakeholders.
- Applicants must be able to demonstrate rich experience of communications experience.
- Candidates who are adept at creating infographics for social media and having video editing skills are desirable.
- Have an interest in politics, particularly an understanding of an MP and MSP role, with the confidence to represent both members in a media-related capacity.
- Although not essential, experience of working in a political environment and a knowledge and understanding of contemporary Scottish Politics and the aims of the SNP are desirable.
- The ability to prioritise and work under pressure.
- Be capable in monitoring media developments and sourcing information from a range of channels.
- Be creative in designing and communicating over a range of formats on different media platforms.
- Have strong attention to detail with excellent organisational skills.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and communication skills.
- Ability to work as part of a small team.
For any questions about the role please contact: firstname.lastname@example.org
Closing date: Monday 2nd August. Virtual interviews will be held shortly thereafter.
Application details: Applicants should send a CV with cover letter explaining their suitability for the position to email@example.com by Monday 2nd August. Click the “Apply” button to send the email.
Applicants may also wish to include with their CVs any examples of their experience including press releases, articles and/or coverage obtained.
Kirsten Oswald MP is looking to employ a caseworker based in her East Renfrewshire constituency office, though home working is currently encouraged.
The SNP Westminster Group is looking to recruit a full time Press Officer, to be based in London, with some home working
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Leadership Office of the Scottish National Party’s Westminster Group in the House of Commons.
Angela Crawley MP is looking to employ a full-time Communications Officer based in her constituency office in Hamilton. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and highly capable individual to join Angela’s constituency team and support her work as the Member of Parliament for Lanark and Hamilton East. The successful candidate must be able…