The SNP Parliamentary Group of MSPs is looking to employ a full time Communications Officer with immediate effect.
- To promote the Parliamentary group position within the media, the Scottish Parliament and support MSPs in their relationship with the media
- Drafting press releases on political issues
- Liaising with broadcast media and briefing MSPs for media appearances
- Briefing national media on behalf of SNP MSPs
- Supporting MSPs to develop local press stories and campaigns
- Drafting of articles and media briefings
- Delivering communications across print, broadcast and online media
- Liaising with other SNP Groups, Ministers and Cabinet Secretaries
Skills and Experience
- Applicants should be able to demonstrate a wide range of political and communications skills
- Ability to respond quickly, to produce accurate information and to draft press releases and communications lines within tight time scales.
- Experience of developing and communicating consistent messages across a range of formats
- Understanding and experience of working with local media including developing local media stories or campaigns
- Experience of actively promoting news stories and setting media agenda
- Experience of using online media to communicate key messages and target new audiences
- Applicants must have a firm knowledge of current Scottish politics at all levels, the Scottish Parliamentary system and the Scottish media
- Must be able to work well within a small team and independently, and to respond flexibly and creatively to a range of requests.
Salary will be based on skills/experience.
Applicants should send a CV with cover letter, explaining their suitability for the position to firstname.lastname@example.org by 9am on Friday 25 June.
Applicants may also wish to include with their CVs any examples of their experience including press releases, articles and/or coverage obtained.
This internship opportunity, named after the late Bashir Ahmad – who was the first Asian MSP to sit at the Scottish Parliament – will be a paid position working for Anum Qaisar-Javed MP.
Jim Fairlie MSP is looking for an experienced Office Manager to join his team.
Jackie Dunbar MSP for Aberdeen Donside is looking to employ a Caseworker to work in her Constituency Office.
Martin Docherty-Hughes is seeking applications for a digital parliamentary intern who is passionate about technology.