Patrick Grady MP is recruiting a Communications Officer to work in his Glasgow office and assist his team in dealing with constituent enquiries. Key responsibilities include researching and drafting responses to political campaigns, producing press releases, managing his social media output and updating constituents on his work in Parliament.
Location: This position is based in the Glasgow North Constituency Office.
Hours: This is a full-time position based on a 37.5 hours per week.
Salary: The successful candidate for this position will receive a salary of £22,000. This is with the ‘Outside London’ Executive Grade 1 full-time equivalent salary range (£19,641-£28,804) as defined by the Independent Parliamentary Standards Authority.
• Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports
• Attending surgeries and other meetings as appropriate
• Dealing with standard queries from members of the public
• Draft responses to constituents
• Establish a social media presence in the constituency and publicise surgeries etc.
• Follow up on social media queries and comments
• Gathering relevant information to assist with resolving cases
• Log all cases; monitor progress and ensure all identified actions are taken
• Preparing media briefings
• Pro-active and re-active communications with all media
• Publicise the Member’s parliamentary duties on FB and Twitter
• Retain records and information confidentially and in line with the Data Protection Act
• Relevant qualifications demonstrating literacy, numeracy and research skills, or equivalent experience
• Experience of working in an office environment preferable
• Knowledge & understanding of UK and Scottish politics
• Experience of research tools and techniques
• Ability to manage time, work under pressure, meet deadlines
• Ability to work as part of a team
• Familiarity with media & social media
• Excellent IT skills including experience of using Microsoft Office suite and the ability to master new software.
This is a perfect opportunity for someone who works well in a small team, has a positive attitude and wants to work in politics.
This position may require occasional travel to London required and you may also be asked to take on occasional evening or weekend work.
How to apply: Please send your CV with a covering letter (no more than 3 pages in total) matching your skills and experience to the job description and person specification to firstname.lastname@example.org.
The closing date for applications is 5pm on Friday 03 May 2019. Applications received after this will not be considered.
Appointment will be dependent on satisfactory reference, and you will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Parliamentary Pass Office.
Interview/Start Dates: Interviews will be held in Glasgow and are expected to be held on Monday 13 May although this remains to be confirmed.
Start date is negotiable.
The Programme Officer will play a collaborative and important role within our small team providing research, stakeholder engagement and administrative support to our portfolio of democracy-strengthening programmes in developing countries around the world. The Programme Officer will support the Scottish National Party’s Westminster Foundation for Democracy Office’s work in developing countries, including political economy analysis…
Ash Denham MSP (Edinburgh Eastern) is looking for a hard-working, enthusiastic and highly organised individual to join her team as a Senior Communications Officer. This is a full time position working from the constituency office in Craigmillar. This position is for 35 hours a week, with the hours of work negotiable. You may occasionally be…
Gillian Martin MSP is looking to recruit a caseworker, based in her constituency office in Oldmeldrum. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, hard-working individual, who would like to be part of the small, dedicated team supporting Gillian’s work for the constituents of Aberdeenshire East. This is a permanent post for 25 hours per…