Douglas is recruiting a Communications Officer, based primarily in his busy constituency office in Rosyth, with occasional visits to Westminster when required. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and capable individual to join Douglas’s team and support his work as the Member of Parliament for Dunfermline and West Fife.
Salary: £20k – 22k per annum in line with IPSA pay scales, depending on experience.
Hours: This is a full time position based on 37.5 hours per week. Hours are flexible.
- Analyse, evaluate and interpret news and data to ensure the MP is accurately informed on key issues and is aware of trends.
- Work on their own initiative preparing press releases, media strategy and developing relationships with journalists and locals.
- Managing social media platforms and creating relevant and engaging content, including graphics and videos.
- Follow up on social media queries and comments
- Project & Event management
- Assisting with casework enquiries
- Attending surgeries & meetings
- Administrative Support
- Diary planning
- Research local, regional and national issues to support the MP’s work
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries from constituents, the media, lobbyists and pressure groups.
The successful candidate will be able to demonstrate they have:
- Good written and verbal communications
- A positive team oriented attitude but also an ability to work independently
- Ability to manage time, work under pressure and meet deadlines
- Understanding of UK, Scottish and Local Government politics
- Excellent IT skills including experience of using Microsoft Office suite and the ability to master new software.
- Demonstrable experience and understanding of the main social media platforms, including Twitter, Facebook, YouTube and Instagram
- Experience working with social media management tools, website development, video and photo editing software is highly desirable
- Sympathetic to the aims and values of the Scottish National Party
How to apply:
Please send a CV and covering letter (no more than 3 pages in total) to Rene Hamilton via email firstname.lastname@example.org detailing how you would meet the above requirements. The closing date for applications is Friday 15 March 2019.
Interviews will be held in the Constituency.
Successful applicant will be responsible for managing a small team in a drop-in constituency office in Cardonald. Knowledge of local and national government structures and policy is essential; experience in a management position is essential.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and capable individual to join Chris Law MP in his Westminster office, working full-time.
The John Wheatley internship David Linden MP is seeking an enthusiastic intern to join his staff for the annual John Wheatley internship. This three-month summer internship is ideal for someone who is passionate about Glasgow’s East End. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to work with a dedicated office team in Shettleston as well…
Senior Communications Officer – Patrick Grady MP Patrick is recruiting for a Senior Communications Officer to work in his constituency office in Glasgow and assist his team in dealing with constituent enquiries. Key responsibilities include researching and drafting responses to political campaigns, producing press releases, managing my social media output and updating constituents on my…