Angela Crawley MP is looking to employ a full-time Communications Officer based in her constituency office in Hamilton. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and highly capable individual to join Angela’s constituency team and support her work as the Member of Parliament for Lanark and Hamilton East.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate previous experience of dealing with the press and with social media, have organisational skills, and the ability to prioritise their workload.
Position: Communications Officer
Hours: Full-time, initial 12 months contract with a view to permanent
Salary: In accordance with IPSA Pay Scales. You will also benefit from a 10% employer’s pension contribution.
Location: Constituency Office, Hamilton (although remote working currently applies)
- Liaise with local and national press
- Assist with pro-active and re-active communications with all media.
- Support the creation of social media content, including designing graphics and producing video content.
- Draft and distribute press releases.
- Manage Angela’s website.
- Monitor national and local media content for stories.
- Follow up on social media queries and comments.
Desirable Skills and Experience:
- Experience working within the media or on social media projects
- An interest in current affairs and a good knowledge of local and national politics, including the Lanark and Hamilton East constituency.
- Experience producing videos and graphics.
Applicants for the post should be aware that travel within the constituency and to Westminster may be required for attendance at meetings, training and events.
The successful candidate will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO).
To apply, applicants should submit their CV together with a covering letter demonstrating how their skills and experience correspond to the job description to email@example.com by Thursday 29th July 2021. Virtual interviews will be held shortly thereafter.
Please note that whilst we would aim to acknowledge all applications, this may not be possible depending on the volume received.
Kirsten Oswald MP is looking to employ a caseworker based in her East Renfrewshire constituency office, though home working is currently encouraged.
The SNP Westminster Group is looking to recruit a full time Press Officer, to be based in London, with some home working
This is an exciting opportunity to join the Leadership Office of the Scottish National Party’s Westminster Group in the House of Commons.
Amy Callaghan MP and Marie McNair MSP are looking for a full-time Communications Officer to join their team with immediate effect.