Communications Assistant for Natalie Don MSP
Natalie Don, MSP for Renfrewshire North and West, is looking for a Communications Assistant to join her team. You will become part of a team supporting Natalie in carrying out her duties, and you’ll work in a dynamic and fast-paced environment to provide an outstanding service for constituents.
Hours: 21 hours a week
Salary: £26,717 pro rata
Location: Local office in Renfrew
- Producing materials that effectively convey the MSP’s aims to the general public and media.
- Keeping up to date with current media developments.
- Building and maintaining relationships with stakeholders.
- Corresponding with constituents and local campaign groups.
- Producing high quality press briefings, speeches, presentations and written materials.
- Following all media outlets to capture relevant developments as they happen
- Maintaining information systems to support communications
- Maintaining and growing social media presence
- Drafting and posting social media content to update constituents on the MSP’s parliamentary activities
- Reviewing social media trends and briefing the MSP on issues of relevance to the MSP’s parliamentary role
- Undertaking any other office tasks as and when required.
- Have an interest in politics with the confidence to represent someone in a media-related capacity.
- Be capable in monitoring media developments and sourcing information from a range of channels.
- Have the ability to foster good working relationships with confidence to understand how the media world operates.
- Have flexibility using relevant IT skills, including full confidence using Microsoft programmes such as Word etc and writing styles, covering both traditional and newer forms of media.
- Experience using Canva or similar platform to create engaging content for use on social media would be desirable.
To apply, send your CV and a supporting statement to firstname.lastname@example.org. Your CV should be no more than two sides of A4.
Your supporting statement should outline how you meet the requirements detailed above for this role and should be no longer than one side of A4. Applications that do not include a supporting statement may not be considered.
Closing date: Midnight, Tuesday 30 May
Constituency Support Officer for Dave Doogan MP
Dave Doogan MP is hiring a Constituency Support Officer in his constituency office in Angus.
Communications Officer for SNP Parliamentary Group
The SNP Parliamentary Group of MSPs is looking to employ a full-time Communications Officer with immediate effect.
Caseworker for Owen Thompson MP
Owen Thompson MP is seeking to recruit a Fixed Term Full Time Caseworker to cover sickness absence for a period of 6 months.
Digital Communications Assistant – Summer internship– Clare Haughey MSP
Clare Haughey MSP has a Fixed Term, Part-time vacancy for a final year or recently graduated Digital Communications student to work with her Constituency team over the summer academic break