Deidre Brock MP is looking to recruit an experienced Caseworker/Parliamentary Assistant to cover a maternity leave. The post is Edinburgh based and full-time. Salary dependent on experience.
Duties include –
- Constituency casework
- Drafting responses to constituents on policy issues
- Dealing with constituent enquiries on the phone, via e-mail, mail and in person
- Liaising with government agencies, local authorities, community groups and other organisations.
- Researching & gathering information to assist with resolving cases
- Maintaining an excellent knowledge of the Edinburgh North and Leith constituency
- Attending surgeries, constituency meetings and events as required
- Assisting with various other constituency office duties
You’ll need –
- Experience of working for a Parliamentarian
- Knowledge of Scottish politics
- Experience of constituent casework
- Excellent writing skills
- Good oral communication skills
- The ability to keep the confidence of constituents and work colleagues
- Top-class listening skills
- A desire to get things done
To apply, write about why you should get this job (one page maximum), tell us what else you’ve done (work, education, volunteering and so on), add a CV and, if you want, point us to your social media accounts so we can see how you communicate with people.
Email your application to firstname.lastname@example.org with CASEWORKER APPLICATION in capitals in the subject line and apply by Friday 14th August – applications will close at midnight.