Caseworker for Stuart McDonald MP and Jamie Hepburn MSP
Stuart McDonald, MP for Cumbernauld, Kilsyth and Kirkintilloch East, and Jamie Hepburn, MSP for Cumbernauld and Kilsyth, are seeking to recruit a Caseworker, based in the Cumbernauld constituency office with hybrid working.
Salary: £23,839 – £33,399 (in line with the IPSA & Scottish Parliament allowances guidelines)
- Assist with casework
- Attend and participate in meetings as appropriate
- Efficient casework, data and file management to ensure the office complies with the data protection legislation
- Engage confidentially, professionally, with care and integrity with members of the public, through telephone enquiries, social media, email and face to face
- Exposure and management of complex cases
- Maintain positive on-going relationships with all parties including members of the public, groups, suppliers and Westminster/Holyrood where required
- Respond to routine correspondence and enquiries
- Work with colleagues in communications/research to identify potential impacts
from casework undertaken and disseminate information effectively
- Strong communication skills, both written and verbal, with the proven ability to produce a high standard of written work
- The ability to deal compassionately and respectfully with sensitive issues on behalf of constituents.
- Excellent organisational skills, accuracy and attention to detail.
- The ability to work under pressure to deadlines.
- A flexible approach to working with the ability to work as part of a small team and on own initiative.
- Good working knowledge of Microsoft Office applications.
- Working knowledge of caseworker.scot/mp.
- A clean drivers licence and access to a vehicle.
- Experience of dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- An interest in and general understanding of the political scene in Scotland and
- Knowledge of the Cumbernauld, Kilsyth and Kirkintilloch East constituencies.
There may be a requirement for the role holder to work outside of normal working hours and travel for work occasionally.
To apply, please send a CV and cover letter outlining why you’d be suitable for this role to Kirsty.Andrew@parliament.uk.
The deadline for applications is 9am on 26th May with any interviews likely to take place on 2nd June.
Constituency Support Officer for Dave Doogan MP
Dave Doogan MP is hiring a Constituency Support Officer in his constituency office in Angus.
Communications Officer for SNP Parliamentary Group
The SNP Parliamentary Group of MSPs is looking to employ a full-time Communications Officer with immediate effect.
Caseworker for Owen Thompson MP
Owen Thompson MP is seeking to recruit a Fixed Term Full Time Caseworker to cover sickness absence for a period of 6 months.
Digital Communications Assistant – Summer internship– Clare Haughey MSP
Clare Haughey MSP has a Fixed Term, Part-time vacancy for a final year or recently graduated Digital Communications student to work with her Constituency team over the summer academic break