Working for: Dr Philippa Whitford, MP for Central Ayrshire
Job Title: Caseworker
Location: Constituency Office, Irvine (although remote working currently applies). Applicants for the post should be aware that travel within the constituency and to Westminster may be required for attendance at meetings, training and events.
Duration: Full-time – initial 12 months contract, with a view to permanent.
Salary: Starting from £21,529, dependent on experience. In line with IPSA Pay Scales. You will also benefit from a 10% employer’s pension contribution.
Details:Dr Philippa Whitford MP is looking to employ a full-time Caseworker based in her constituency office in Irvine. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic and highly capable individual to join Dr Whitford’s constituency team to support her work as the Member of Parliament for Central Ayrshire.
The successful candidate must be able to demonstrate previous experience of dealing with casework and/or handling enquires from members of the public, have excellent administrative and organisational skills, and the ability to prioritise their workload.
- Manage and progress a portfolio of enquiries, issues and cases from members of the public; including logging cases, taking appropriate actions promptly, monitoring progress and ensuring all identified actions are taken.
- Gather relevant information and interact with Government departments and other agencies to assist with constituent enquiries and resolve cases.
- Draft responses to constituents.
- Analyse patterns of enquiries and produce reports view to informing Parliamentary activity.
- Retain records and information confidentially in line with GDPR regulations.
- Organise and attend surgeries and other meetings and events as appropriate.
- Work with colleagues to provide general support, including admin, for the work in the constituency office.
- Any other duties required by the MP.
- The ability to work independently and manage your workload, prioritise work and meet tight deadlines with minimal supervision.
- Motivated to work independently (initially remotely) as well as the ability to work effectively as part of a small team.
- Experience of dealing with sensitive and confidential information.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Excellent administrative and organisational skills.
- Strong IT skills, in particular with MS Office and data entry.
- Experience of working within a customer focused environment in a solution focused manner.
- Experience of dealing with difficult / complex issues with an empathetic and proactive approach.
- Knowledge and understanding of Reserved and Devolved policy areas, particularly social security.
- An interest in current affairs and a good knowledge of local and national politics, including the Central Ayrshire constituency.
Essential skills and experience:
Desirable skills and experience:
The successful candidate will be required to comply with the Baseline Personnel Security Standard, undertaken by the Members’ Staff Verification Office (MSVO).
Interview:Interviews will be held virtually on dates to be confirmed.
How to apply: Applicants should submit their CV together with a covering letter demonstrating how their skills and experience correspond to the job description to firstname.lastname@example.org. Virtual interviews will be held shortly thereafter.
Closing Date: Monday 5th April 2021
Douglas Chapman MP, Member of Parliament for the constituency of Dunfermline & West Fife is looking to recruit an enthusiastic and hardworking caseworker to join his constituency office team.