Jenny Gilruth MSP is looking for a committed caseworker to join her busy constituency team. This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, hard-working individual who would like to be part of the small, dedicated team supporting Jenny’s work for the constituents of Mid Fife and Glenrothes.
Working for: Jenny Gilruth, MSP for Mid Fife and Glenrothes.
Job Title: Caseworker.
Location: Markinch/from home
Duration: 35 hours
Salary: £25,539 – £31,555
You will work as part of a small team, to support constituents across the Mid Fife and Glenrothes constituency. You must be able to relate well to people with good written and verbal communication skills. A knowledge of the Mid Fife and Glenrothes constituency would be desirable, although it is not essential.
- Supporting with keeping casework up to date and responding to public enquiries.
- Keeping cases up to date by tracking, logging and recognising when to escalate issues within team.
- Meeting constituents on a wide range of issues, including those of a sensitive nature and escalating accordingly.
- Advocating on constituent’s behalf with relevant bodies to resolve matters.
- Reviewing constituent records and documentation in line with casework GDPR requirements.
- Ensuring casework filing systems, both electronic and manual, are kept up-to-date in line with GDPR requirements.
- Following all mainstream and social media outlets to capture relevant developments as they happen.
- Maintaining information systems to support communications.
- Liaising with local press contacts on a supervised basis.
- Have excellent organisational skills while being flexible in prioritising workloads during busy times.
- Have excellent communications skills, with accurate attention to detail and the ability to work effectively with colleagues.
- Be patient and sensitive while remaining objective and open minded.
- Be comfortable being in a front facing role explaining regulations such as GDPR to the general public.
- Be acutely aware of the responsibility of representing those unable to do so themselves in certain situations.
- Have a natural interest in helping people with a curiosity to probe for further information where required.
The Selection Process
For more information or any queries please contact Jenny.Gilruth.MSP@parliament.scot
To apply, click on “send CV” and upload your CV, supporting statement and an example of your previous work as one document. When you’ve clicked “send CV” use the text box to provide wording for the cover email. Your CV should be no more than two sides of A4. Your supporting statement should outline how you meet the requirements detailed above for this role and should be no longer than one side of A4.
Closing Date: Friday 17 November 2023 at 23:59
Interviews will take place on w/c Monday 20 November 2023.
Dave Doogan MP is recruiting a communications officer.
Owen Thompson MP is recruiting a caseworker to join his busy constituency team.
Alasdair Allan MSP is recruiting a researcher.
Anne McLaughlin is recruiting an administrative assistant.