Gillian Martin MSP is looking to recruit a caseworker, based in her constituency office in Oldmeldrum.
This is an exciting opportunity for an enthusiastic, hard-working individual, who would like to be part of the small, dedicated team supporting Gillian’s work for the constituents of Aberdeenshire East.
This is a permanent post for 25 hours per week, Monday-Friday, based in the Oldmeldrum constituency office. We are happy to consider flexible working patterns within these overall hours/days.
Key duties will include:
- Managing and progressing a portfolio of casework, including logging cases, taking appropriate actions promptly, and monitoring progress.
- Liaising with government agencies, the voluntary sector and other organisations to help resolve cases.
- Gathering relevant information to assist with the resolution of cases.
- Responding to correspondence and enquiries from constituents, including drafting letters, emails and documents.
- Retaining records and information confidentially and in line with the General Data Protection Regulations.
- Maintaining, updating and developing knowledge of relevant legislation and guidance.
- Meeting with constituents when required.
- Administrative and general support for the work of the office.
- Any other reasonable tasks as assigned by the MSP
- Excellent IT skills including confident use of Microsoft Office Applications.
- High level of oral and written communication skills, and ability to deal with broad range of people and situations.
- Ability to produce written correspondence to a high professional standard.
- Motivated to work independently, as well as the ability to work effectively as part of a small team.
- Positive, flexible approach to work and good time management.
- Broad range of office or administrative experience.
- Experience of casework.
- Previous use of electronic casework systems.
- Full driving licence
Salary: Caseworker salary scale as set out by the Scottish Parliament (£21,626 to £26,445 per annum, pro rata), dependent on skills/abilities. Apply: By CV and covering letter to Gwyneth.email@example.com
Closing date: Friday 19th April 2019Interview Date: Friday 3rd May 2019
The Programme Officer will play a collaborative and important role within our small team providing research, stakeholder engagement and administrative support to our portfolio of democracy-strengthening programmes in developing countries around the world. The Programme Officer will support the Scottish National Party’s Westminster Foundation for Democracy Office’s work in developing countries, including political economy analysis…
Patrick Grady MP is recruiting a Communications Officer to work in his Glasgow office and assist his team in dealing with constituent enquiries. Key responsibilities include researching and drafting responses to political campaigns, producing press releases, managing his social media output and updating constituents on his work in Parliament. Location: This position is based in…
Ash Denham MSP (Edinburgh Eastern) is looking for a hard-working, enthusiastic and highly organised individual to join her team as a Senior Communications Officer. This is a full time position working from the constituency office in Craigmillar. This position is for 35 hours a week, with the hours of work negotiable. You may occasionally be…